“very clean and nice hotel”
Review of Quality Inn Newton

Quality Inn Newton
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Newton
Reviewed July 21, 2013

we stayed here on our way to denver .. rooms were very nice and clean .. smells fresh friendly staff and it was one the best hotel we stayed on our trip .. breakfast was more then we expected they had nice indoor pool we will stay here again on our way back home

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Newton

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I had a feeling when I drove in that the "quality" of this place was going to be questionable, but I had driven a long way that day, and I didn't have the energy to try to find another hotel closer to Des Moines. Sure enough... this hotel could use some serious renovation. The exterior of the hotel was grubby, the carpet was garish, and the room I was given was not that great. (I didn't risk taking my shoes off in my room...)

The room just felt so tired... The bathroom smelled faintly of pee when I first walked in, and a repair made to the shower had a faint ring of mold around it. Everything was mostly clean, but not extremely clean, and even a fresh coat of paint would do wonders here. I did feel ok about sleeping in the bed -- the sheets were clean and the bed was made up well.

I didn't check out the pool or much of anything else. One exterior door to the hotel hallway would open with OR without a key card, and another door didn't work at all (I learned after parking near it, only to discover I'd have to walk up to the other door anyway). Breakfast in the morning was so-so: the waffle iron is a nice, but the breakfast could use some other options. Seriously, who eats that cereal? I bet most of it is years and years old.

Check-in and check-out was fast. No elevator.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

This was by far the worst place I have ever stayed at!!! I was on a road trip so I stopped forthe night. When I checked in around 11 there was one girl who was grunting, doubled over, scratching herself and pacing the room. That made me super anxious! Then when we walked down to our room the halls reeked of smoke and mold. When we got in our room the smell was better. Our pillows were maybe a foot long and our comforter had a cigarette burn in it. Then next morning I got up and left right away and the one girl who was itching was just passed out in the middle of the lobby.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 3, 2013

nothing special, nice hotel. Location right off interstate, so easy to find. Did not check out the pool so I cannot rate that. Overall, it was a good experience. We did have problems with the showers as they were very touchy....either burn you or freeze you out.... Check in was very easy, and check out too. Newton being a small town, had good eats right around the hotel so that was not an issue at all.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 30, 2013

My father and I planned a trip to the Iowa Grand Motorcycle Rally in Newton, IA and reserved a room at this hotel for Thursday (5/30/13) night through Saturday (6/01/13) night and planned to check-out Sunday (6/02/13) morning. Tuesday (5/28/2013) my father was involved in a serious motorcycle accident. He was riding his bike and a man in his younger 20's ran a stop sign and T-Boned my father. He was thrown over 20 feet. He lives in Iowa and was not wearing a helmet, as there are currently no helmet laws in Iowa. He broke his right ankle and left wrist in multiple spots. He fractured a rib on his left side and also broke every bone in his face and also fractured his skull. He has been in the ICU since it happened and has been sedated for more than two days. He has had three surgeries and will need more in the upcoming days. When I called the hotel to cancel his reservation due to the situation, a guy with an accent of that from India, told me they will not cancel the reservation due to being past the cancellation period. I told them this is ridiculous and threatened to have the charges cancelled when they go through his credit card company. I demanded to speak to a manager only to find out he will not be there until the morning. I hung up due to being overly frustrated. I called the next morning and the same schmuck answered. I was told the manager had already left for the day. In my opinion and every other breathing being's opinion, this absolutely not the way to do business. I would rather sleep on a curb with a rock as a pillow than to book at this hotel. I will be contacting the BBB and letting them know what happened

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jeremy M
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

I stay in hotels 250+ nights per year and this hotel rates pretty high in my book. From the fast and efficient check in to the comfortable beds, this hotel has it all. I'm glad to number this hotel in the few I will make my regular stops.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed April 9, 2013

There was a coupon in the local travel magazine found at gas stations and we were delighted with the super service by the desk clerk. She was so helpful and even helped bring in our luggage. She helped get us the best rate with the coupon and our AAA card. She went out of her way.

Our room was large and perfect. We have stayed here before and really feel welcome.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newton
Days Inn Newton
Days Inn Newton
#4 of 8 in Newton
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Newton
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Newton
Best Western Holiday Manor Newton
Boulders Inn & Suites Newton
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Colfax/Newton

Been to Quality Inn Newton? Share your experiences!