“Not too quality inn”

Quality Inn Newton
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Newton
“Not too quality inn”
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

This was by far the worst place I have ever stayed at!!! I was on a road trip so I stopped forthe night. When I checked in around 11 there was one girl who was grunting, doubled over, scratching herself and pacing the room. That made me super anxious! Then when we walked down to our room the halls reeked of smoke and mold. When we got in our room the smell was better. Our pillows were maybe a foot long and our comforter had a cigarette burn in it. Then next morning I got up and left right away and the one girl who was itching was just passed out in the middle of the lobby.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed June 3, 2013

nothing special, nice hotel. Location right off interstate, so easy to find. Did not check out the pool so I cannot rate that. Overall, it was a good experience. We did have problems with the showers as they were very touchy....either burn you or freeze you out.... Check in was very easy, and check out too. Newton being a small town, had good eats right around the hotel so that was not an issue at all.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
Reviewed May 30, 2013

My father and I planned a trip to the Iowa Grand Motorcycle Rally in Newton, IA and reserved a room at this hotel for Thursday (5/30/13) night through Saturday (6/01/13) night and planned to check-out Sunday (6/02/13) morning. Tuesday (5/28/2013) my father was involved in a serious motorcycle accident. He was riding his bike and a man in his younger 20's ran a stop sign and T-Boned my father. He was thrown over 20 feet. He lives in Iowa and was not wearing a helmet, as there are currently no helmet laws in Iowa. He broke his right ankle and left wrist in multiple spots. He fractured a rib on his left side and also broke every bone in his face and also fractured his skull. He has been in the ICU since it happened and has been sedated for more than two days. He has had three surgeries and will need more in the upcoming days. When I called the hotel to cancel his reservation due to the situation, a guy with an accent of that from India, told me they will not cancel the reservation due to being past the cancellation period. I told them this is ridiculous and threatened to have the charges cancelled when they go through his credit card company. I demanded to speak to a manager only to find out he will not be there until the morning. I hung up due to being overly frustrated. I called the next morning and the same schmuck answered. I was told the manager had already left for the day. In my opinion and every other breathing being's opinion, this absolutely not the way to do business. I would rather sleep on a curb with a rock as a pillow than to book at this hotel. I will be contacting the BBB and letting them know what happened

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Jeremy M

Travelers are raving about these Newton hotels

Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

I stay in hotels 250+ nights per year and this hotel rates pretty high in my book. From the fast and efficient check in to the comfortable beds, this hotel has it all. I'm glad to number this hotel in the few I will make my regular stops.

• Stayed May 2013
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed April 9, 2013

There was a coupon in the local travel magazine found at gas stations and we were delighted with the super service by the desk clerk. She was so helpful and even helped bring in our luggage. She helped get us the best rate with the coupon and our AAA card. She went out of her way.

Our room was large and perfect. We have stayed here before and really feel welcome.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Smith River
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This is an area with many terrible motels. We looked at them all before settling on the Quality Inn. Ecolodge, Days Inn, America's Value all were very depressing, under construction, or just plain awful. It was the end of a long driving day, so we were forced to stop. The Quality Inn was the least offensive. The room was large, TV good, frig. Windows open onto highway. Room smelled of mold and mildew. Hallways were also unpleasant. They should skip the breakfast. Beds were good and linens clean.

Room Tip: Pick another town!