“Find somewhere else to stay!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn Newton

Quality Inn Newton
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Newton
Wilmette, Illinois
“Find somewhere else to stay!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

The hotel shows its age. That aside , the Rooney seemed clean. Unfortunatly there where bed bugs! Now this can happen and I understand. To bad that when I called the hotel I was treated with outright secptisisem! The manager acted as if I was telling him a lie! (I don't think so ) and (I'm sure your mistaken) were two of the things he said. Don't stay here!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Daniel D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Saint Louis
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

Stayed here only one night as we were in-town for an event. The hotel and the room showed some signs of wear but the room was clean and comfortable and we had everything we needed for our short stay. Although we did not partake of the continental breakfast offered the next morning, we did take a look and the food offered was standard fare and appeared to be more than adequate. The front desk staff was courteous and helpful. We would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Melaniemily
Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

After reading the previous reviews, I was concerned about staying here but there were no other reservations to be had that accepted pets on Indy Car race weekend.

The hallways are a little rough, but our room was nice enough. It had a refrigerator, microwave and large flat panel HD TV. The bedding was comfortable and clean. There were some stains on furniture and carpet but I find that everywhere I go. Like a previous poster, we did find remnants of past guests that were overlooked.

When I had a problem in my room, the lady at the front desk contacted someone immediately and they were at my door within ten minutes to fix the problem and did so satisfactori

Our room was on

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank llilly115
Anamosa, Iowa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

Along with all the other Terrible Review posts I'm suprised no one mentioned roaches!
We had bad customer desk service and when I went to the desk and complained about the roaches I was kicked out....and still was charged for this filthy room!

Room Tip: Do noy stay at this hotel unless you don't mind filth and roaches/bugs!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TRPete10

Travelers are raving about these Newton hotels

Perrysburg, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

One of thw worst Quality Inns we have stayed at in all our travels.

Room Tip: For a Quality Inn, under Choice Priviledges, this place was the pits. Upon entering the room, the mu...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Travelers76
new york
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2011

...but I dont have to pay it since the kind woman at the front desk gave me the green travel book discount for a slightly upgraded room since they were out of the walk in rate rooms. This was indeed very nice of her at 1 am when I pulled in, green book in hand; I didnt even ask, she just said she was out of those rooms but she would sell me the next one up for the same price. This was probably the best feature of the hotel was its staff. It is true yes, the outside needs attention, and the inside hallways (no elevator, be warned) looked like they have not been cleaned since tripadvisor's very existence began, however the room was stay-able, if not spotless. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom, even with peeling tiles was tolerable, considering for what I was paying. There was however, one major issue upon my stay; I woke up occasionally to a VERY loud beep. turns out it was the fire alarm.. the kind of alarm that beeps once every 2 minutes. You could imagine my frustration waking up every 15 minutes and not knowing why. Upon me figuring out what it was at 6 am, I called the front desk, to have some guy come to the room in overalls and what appeared to be teeth suitable for munching on hay, (you know the kind, wears a straw cowboy hat and has his first, middle and last initials carefully engraved on his belt buckle) offer a "howdy there" gesture and just RIP the actual alarm off the wall, and then walk out making a 'problem solved' motion with his arms - all in one swooping gesture. Now thats service! Despite the fact im without a fire alarm, with a hole in the wall with wires sticking out, at least i could go back to sleep in peace. Not to mention the dude wasnt even wearing a hotel uniform or even name tag, he could have been anyone. But he was very nice, got up there in a hurry and did the job. Upon this incident, I was to tired to get up early for the breakfast, so I can not comment on that, however I have no idea where it was being the hotel was so small (in the lobby perhaps?) Before my late checkout I decided to try the pool (one of the reasons I decided to stay here). Interesting other reviews here talk about the hot tub being closed down. it was when I stayed here (years after other reviews on here are dated and say the same thing) and there were spider webs inside. The pool was nice, shallow warm bath like water, a little to chlorinated, but was good for a quick dip, then back to the room, where I passed the "convention room" where a gold coin exposition was taking place. I know this is the sticks Iowa, but is it normal for there to be one registered guest present at this? They went about this event as if it was the event of the century was coming to Newton. To finish, they did have one computer for guest use. This was a VERY old computer and monitor and it took me a half hour to check 3 emails. Time to get a I*phone perhaps, but still this place is a one night crash pad, I wouldn't even count on internet access. I did not have a problem with my cell phone, in regards to previous reviews. Upon checking out a male desk worker (manager?) told me sternly I did not have a late checkout, when I did tell the woman the night before. This problem is common at hotels, however he told me in almost a retreating manner that because he didnt bother calling the room to wisk me out he wont charge me [?]
This was stop #2 on my cross country trip from NY to UT, I cant say there are great choices in this stretch on i-80, and despite the racetrack not far from here, there does not seem to be much to do in the methhouse plagued hawk-eye state; the one state that was probably the most trialsome of the drive. To be honest the other hotels in eastern iowa looked just as neglected, so for the price you should be fine here, the room itself isnt all that bad.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank speedotorpedo
Rosebud, Missouri, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2011

Do Not stop at this place....it stinks...they don't clean the toliet....urine has yellowed all around the toliet....soaked in the tile...nasty...no tub...just some plastic 2 in high black slimy piece of plastic to devide where the water runs....it was soooo nasty...i wore my shoes in the shower....

Room Tip: go somewhere else....when the gave me a price i the evening....they doubled it in the morning ....th...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Cheryl S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newton
Days Inn Newton
Days Inn Newton
#3 of 8 in Newton
Boulders Inn & Suites Newton
BEST WESTERN Holiday Manor Newton Iowa
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Newton
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Newton
Comfort Inn & Suites Grinnell

Been to Quality Inn Newton? Share your experiences!