“I love staying at this hotel”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Newton
Reviewed July 1, 2014

This is the second time that my husband and I have stayed at this hotel. We love staying here. It has an big pool and hot tub which we really enjoy after a long trip. The beds are comfortable and we always get a good nights sleep. It is located right off the interstate so its easy to get to. The price to stay here is very reasonable. We live in Oklahoma and we try to get back every year to see family and this hotel also has a large inside courtyard which makes a nice place to visit with family. The front desk clerk Kimberley is very friendly and if you need anything she will go out of her way to make your stay comfortable. We will be back next year and we will be staying here again.

Room Tip: We stayed here 2 nights and had a pool side room which we enjoyed.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
AJ P, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

I am really glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We loved having you and cannot wait to serve you again. I am glad to hear Kimberley was so accommodating. I know when traveling, it is nice to have friendly people around you. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you next year.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Dirty and noisy, broken windows, ormer Holiday Inn with rooms opening directly to the parking lot. Tried to take a shower in the morning, but there was no hot water. We checked out a day early because of all these things that were not apparent from their website. The only reason we booked there in the first place was because Grinnell College graduation had taken all rooms in Grinnell. The desk clerk started to get in my face about charging me for the second night, even though we were leaving. Fortunately for her, the owner came over and told her that it would not be necessary for us to pay for a night we didn't use. What a terrible crappy run down hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Kimberley P, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

I am sorry to hear you checked out a day early. Thank you for the review, as it will help us to make improvements if needed. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you or your family. I know a child's graduation is a very important time. Thank you and have a great day.
Sincerely, Kimberley

Reviewed May 18, 2014

This hotel was the worst I have ever seen ceiling tiles falling, light fixtures w missing light bulbs bathroom ceiling full of mold and when I say full of mold I mean it. The light/fan fixture over the shower did not have a cover. I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Bears54
Kimberley P, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2014

I am so sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback as it helps us to improve things at our facility if needed. Could you please e-mail me at "abvinewton11@yahoo.com" and let me know what room you stayed in so I can check into this matter further. I would greatly appreciate it. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you. Sincerely, Kimberley

Reviewed January 24, 2014

Bed linens had not been changed, toilet was filthy from prior guests, room was cold, and as j n noted, I was one of two guests in the entire hotel. The "pool" area felt like something out of "The Shining." Cross the interstate to the other choices in Newton, or drive on to Iowa City.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Dave W
Kimberley P, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

I am sorry to hear you were not happy with your recent stay. Thank you for your feedback, as it helps us to make improvements. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

We had a room by the pool. We did not swim in it because there was a rusty ring at the water line and the ceiling tiles above the pool area were loose and looked like they were ready to fall in the water! There were water stains all over the rest of the tiles. The breakfast area was just above freezing in the morning (this is not exaggerating, it was COLD) and there was just toast and some Sara Lee pastries that had been cut in half in a plastic display case. At least they had coffee. The mattress we slept on was saggy and hard. I don't see the point in staying here even if it's just to sleep because you won't sleep! There were a few kids having a pool party and their hollering and running around just outside the room was very loud. At the very least, get a room that is not by the pool, especially if you turn in early.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank phoggy10
Kimberley P, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

I am sorry to hear your stay with us was not to your liking. Thank you for your feedback, we greatly appreciate it. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you or your family. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

We got there at 4 PM. there were two staff members present and only 3 cars in the parking lot. When they saw we had a Coupon Hotel travel book they did not want to talk to us. when we asked for an ADA compliant hadicapped room they replied thay had "just " rented out the last one. This with only 3 cars in the parking lot!! Tried to get us to use an alternate room which was totally in adequate for the toilet use.

Room Tip: Pass up Ameri Best inns
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank j n
Kimberley P, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

I am so sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us. Thank you for your feedback, as it is greatly appreciated. I appologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you in the future. Have a great day!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Well when we got to this hotel (let me tell you it was not easy to find the entrance) we walked in and the front lady was talking to a bunch of semi drives for like 5 min and there were BUGS in the LOBBY!! Than we walk into our room and it is blistering hot!! We turned on the air condition and what do you know, it doesnt work!!! We walked into the bathroom.. and the panels on the ceiling are MISSING!!!!! We turned on the water.. i doesnt work!! At this point we are angry and than they turned the water on and guess what... NO hot water!!!!! And the matteresses are yellow and stained with one sheet over it.. this was the worst hotel i have been in BY FAR!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank PaytonJones
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newton
Days Inn Newton
Colfax Inn
Colfax Inn
#2 of 2 in Colfax
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Colfax/Newton

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!