We should have ran when we pulled into the parking lot and not only seen the garbage can full but what should have been three more garbage cans laying around it. It was like a scene from the movie Hot Tub Time Machine. Looking at the pictures on the internet it looked great but I was not even sure the place was open when we went to check in. No one at the front desk, not a light on in the building and that is Just the start. When someone finally gave us a key and we went to our room it looked like a crime scene with something splattered all over the walls and curtains that looked like blood! God only knows how much other DNA was spread through out the rest of the room.Then onto the hot tub and pool... i was not really a big fan of the brown scum that was all the way around the pool like the water had not been changed since the roaring 1920's but I was excited to hear from some of the other reviews that the hot tub had been drained at sometime so I was glad to hear that. My parents staying in the room next to me turned on the AC and tripped the smoke alarm which I'm glad to at least see worked. I like others would run FAR FAR away if even looking at this motel because I think the only good reviews that have been posted about this place were from employees who didn't want to do anything else, or the owners trying to make it look better than it really is
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Americas Best Value Inn Newton, conveniently located off of I-80 Exit 164. We are near Iowa Speedway, a NASCAR-style banked oval track. Other nearby attractions include Capitol Theater, Newton Arboretum and Botanical, Prairie Meadows Racetrack and Casino, Buena Vista University, and Neal Smith National Wildlife Refuge. Local restaurants include Senor Tequila, Subway, and Montana Mike's Steakhouse. We strive to make our pet friendly Americas Best Value Inn your hotel of choice when visiting the Newton area. Your comfort is the number one priority of our attentive 24-hour front desk staff. Start your day right with our free continental breakfast served from 6am-9am. Free coffee is available in our lobby 24-hours-day. Take advantage of our three meeting facilities for your next group event. Enjoy our game room. Appreciate the convenience of free wireless high-speed Internet access available in our guestrooms and lobby. Rest in the privacy of your own guest room with amenities including cable TV with over 90 channels, coffeemaker, hairdryer, desk, and free local calls. Children age 14 and younger stay free in their parent's room with existing bedding. At Americas Best Value Inn Newton, We've Got You Covered from the time you hit the road until your head hits the pillow. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Hotel Newton
- And Banquet Facility Newton