“Breakfast”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Newton
OVERLAND PARK
“Breakfast”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Worst ever! We usually stay at the hotel chain hotels they all have had wonderful breakfast with fresh fruit and eggs muffins bagels tea juice 2-3types of milk but not this one . It was awful!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Amy H, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Newton, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback. We regret that our breakfast did not meet your expectations. We work hard everyday to provide guest satisfaction, however our breakfast options and availibility are under guidelines set by franchise to provide universal breakfast amenities at every Super 8 to ensure guests know what will be offered for breakfast at all their Super 8 stays across the country. We do hope the room was to your enjoyment and satisfaction and wish to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Acester
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Overall, this is a good value for the price. The clerk was helpful - especially when we had a sick child. We didn't stay for breakfast so I can't comment. The location is easy and right off the interstate. There are a couple decent resteraunts near by. Its a good place to stop while travelling.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
I would like to thank youi for taking a moment and providing us with your feedback. We are pleased to hear you were satisfied with your stay with us and hope to see you return.

Woodridge, Illinois
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Stayed for 1 night for the IndyCar race.

Hotel was as expected for a Super 8. Room was clean enough.

Breakfast options are limited to a waffle maker and cold continental options.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Crushr99
Thank you for your feedback, we are happy that we could provide a pleasant stay for you. If you are ever in the area again, please stop back by. We have done several upgrades since your visit, as well as added items to our breakfast menu. We hope to see you again!
VT
Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

The lobby and hallways were not encouraging - worn and not smelling fresh. The service was okay but some people hanging around the lobby were dodgy looking. Not a good start. The room was okay, standard low cost motel fare. But it's all about a good night's sleep, and here the room excelled. The air conditioning was quite a cut above most - fairly quiet and easy to regulate. The bed was fantastic and the sheets very good. The bedspread was ugly and a bit tattered. Who cares? Discouraging first appearance, very satisfactory night's sleep.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank VTLongTimeTraveler
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We appreciate you letting us know what areas we can continue to work on and are pleased that you had an excellent nights sleep. Please feel free to stop by in the future if you are passing through or here for a visit as we have made many changes since your stay with us. We have remodeled our breakfast area, lobby, office, and hallways painted and gotten new furniture and flat screen tvs in the last couple of months. We are sure your next stay with us will be excellent!
perry
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Good price , nice and clean room and front desk clerk is friendly too.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank anadi26
Thank you for your feedback. If you are ever in the area again, please come back and visit us again. We hope to see you in the future!

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed March 24, 2012

Had to spend several nights in the Newton area and after having to switch hotels due to a nasty experience I ended up at Super 8 and I am glad that I did!!! very nice hotel for the price and very clean room. desk clerk even asked me if I had any discounts to use and I travel a lot for work and am rarely ever asked by the hotel, so that is a nice plus. fairly nice breakfast, would be nice if they had biscuits and gravy, but it was edible and coffee was good.
While i realize its not a four star upscale hotel, I would say the staff made it seem that way and was by far the most pleasant part of my trip. I spent four nights and the same evening gal (Amy) was bright and pleasant to talk to each night, always smiled and said hello or asked me about my day and gave me directions several times around town and gave me great restaurant recommendations, even brought me a cell phone charger from her house because I forgot mine. The morning clerk (I believe his name was Karit), was also nice and accomodating. They attended to everything I needed and I felt very welcome. Will definitely return and know where I will be staying in Newton from now on!!!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank worksalot74
It is always great to hear that a guest has had a wonderful stay with us. We strive for excellent customer service and I am happy that I was able to accomodate your needs and go the extra mile for you to have a pleasant stay. Please visit us again in the future.

loretto, minnesota
Reviewed December 29, 2011

i was a little worried from seeing reviews so i only booked for 3 nights, but i was very satisfied with the room and location i stayed 9 more nights, some of the other hotels in area i was not very impressed with, but the price of room is a good deal.
yes there are some parts of hotel that could use some work there are stains in some of the carpeting but you cant blame them for hot iron burns.
the breakfast could use some help, cold cereal, waxy donut's, toast, juice, coffee, hot waffles, no fruit. Amy the front desk worker very helpful & knowledgeable of the area.
lots of places in area to eat.
if I'm back in area i will stay again

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank chips99
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have done quite a bit of remodeling since your visit and now have a new breakfast area, lobby, office, halls painted, new furniture and flat screen tvs. We have also changed our menu for breakfast and no longer have donuts and have added fruit and cream cheese danishes, yogurt, regular and flavored oatmeal and fruit. We hope that if you are ever in the area again to please visit us again and enjoy our new upgrades.

Front Desk Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newton
Days Inn Newton
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Newton
Colfax Inn
Colfax Inn
#2 of 2 in Colfax

Been to Super 8 Newton? Share your experiences!