“High Priced but Good”

Good for: Families with children
Newton, Iowa
“High Priced but Good”
Reviewed March 24, 2012

If I had a choice I would go to Outback but we don't have one here so we choose to go to Montana Mike's...It was OK. Had a Ribeye and it wasn't too bad, had better. The Onion Rings are very good. I would say if your hungry for steak and you don't want to drive to Des Moines then give them a try.

Visited March 2012

newton, iowa
“Service”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Service is always good here!! Have been here on 5 different occasions and every server in the bar has been wonderful!

Texas City, Texas
“Still the best place to get a steak in Newton.”
Reviewed February 13, 2012

We had the following starters: Mike's Marvelous Onion Rings, (They are very good. They are the best onion rings in Newton. If you love onion rings, these are a must)! Cheese Fries (these have changed from the last time I was here and they are even better than they were before).The potato boats are very good as well. With all of these you get a great deal of food for the money!!! You can check out current prices on their website.

We have had in the past a combo of Fried Mushrooms & Fried Zucchini. These are great too.

I got what they call a "Great Combo" it comes with your choice of two meat choices, their choices are as follows: 9 oz Sirloin, Fried Shrimp, Grilled Shrimp, Ribs (1/2 slab), Catfish Strips, & Chicken Breast.

I choose the 9 oz Sirloin & Catfish Strips, My daughter choose the 9 oz Sirloin & Chicken Breast. My husband choose 9 oz Sirloin & Ribs (1/2 slab). Everything was good there.

Then you get a salad (which was very fresh)We had the Garden salad (you can pick Caesar Salad) I had the Reg French dressing(very good) and my daughter had the honey mustard dressing. My husband doesn't eat salad, so he pick two sides.

For a side dish you can pick one, they are as follows: Baked Potato, Seasoned Wedge Fries, Authentic Mashed Potatoes, Sweet Potato, Sweet Potato Fries, Sauteed Button Mushrooms,( my daughter & husband picked the mushrooms & they were very good) Steamed Veggies,(I had the stemed veggies, they were very good, but next time i will ask that they don't put the spice blend on top because I love the veggies plain, they were tender) Green Beans, Cup of Soup, Mac & Cheese, Cottege Cheese Salad (cottege cheese on a bed of lettuce whith a tomato on top) my husband asked to just have plain cottege cheese and the server was more than happy to help with the request. the last item on the side dish list is saucy Cinnamon Apples.

You can go on the website and check out the menu for your area.

In the past I have had there Ribeye Steak. You have a chioce of a 12 oz. or a 16 oz. I picked the 16 oz. so I could take the rest home for lunch the next day. It was very good. There are so many other choices, too many to list.

I hope this helps.

• Visited February 2012
Texas City, Texas
“Love their prime rib”
Reviewed January 1, 2012

Their food is very good & will be going their again soon.

Visited October 2011
Monroe, Iowa
“Average”
Reviewed December 24, 2011

I liked the onion rings. I was hoping this would be like the great old Sirloin Stockades since they are owned by them. Instead fancier and more expensive.