“home away from home” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Newton
Jackson, Michigan
“home away from home”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

clean and roomy rooms, the beds are good. Not the hilton but you get treated like family. Management Raj & Hema are awesome friendly and do whatever it takes to give you a pleasant stay. Their frontdesk staff is friendly and housekeeping takes good care of the rooms. Overall a great pleasant stay ;))

• Stayed December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
gmia146, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Newton, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thanks for positive feedback about your stay. I have shared your comments with front desk and housekeeping. Thank you for the great response .We hope to see you again soon...

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Waukegan, Illinois, USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

We checked in at 9:44 so it was too late to leave & find another place. The room was so perfumed as to be uninhabitable. The bed linens were permeated with this obnoxious odor. It seemed to come the worst from the AC unit so we had to actually turn it off even though the room was very hot. Even our clothes were permeated. When I complained at the desk in the AM (checked out at 6:57) she could have cared less. Wrote down the room number & mumbled under her breath.

I also gave them my Rewards Program ID which I see was never entered. Heaven help anyone with asthma or migraine problems. A child in this room with asthma would hardly survive. Will avoid Econo Lodge in the future.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
gmia146, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Newton, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of the issues you experienced during your stay. I sincerely apologize that the staff did not correct the issues during check out process . As you can see from our other reviews we take pride in our hotel and with keeping it clean and your experience was not the norm.
I would still concern about your reward program points and issues .I tried to call on the phone no. you have provided at checkin .But no one answer the phone.I would appreciate if you call the property or emailed me to hotel email address provided.
Again, thank you for your comments as we will use them to better our hotel and make sure no other guest experiences the same.
Hema Patel

Travelers are raving about these Newton hotels

Okemos, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

Stayed at this Econo Lodge one night on my way west. The room was OK with a good bed, clean linens and a shower with hot water. My big complaint is the cigarette smoke in the halls. They were terrible. Price was fair for what you get. Would stay here again, but hope they do something about the hall smell.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
gmia146, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Newton, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We apologize that our hotel did not meet your needs. I make sure we will take care of the smoke smell penetrating through hallway.
Thank you again for staying with us, I am looking forward to see you again on your next visit to Newton Iowa
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

The carpet is wrinkly and our "nonsmoking" room smells like stale cigarette smoke, as does the hall and the lobby. That's probably why the window was left open. On the other hand, if Des Moines is sold out of beds, Newton isn't too far down the road and there's a good bar and grill right in front. Clean enough and decent free WiFi.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
gmia146, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Newton, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay at the Econolodge inn & suites. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. Exceptional service is what we strive like to be known for; therefore your feedback is extremely important as it helps us to continually improve and provides a memorable experience to our valued guests.

Our relationship with our guests is of paramount importance. We are hopeful that you will present us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.
Cary, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

My friend and I stayed here again this past weekend. I still like the location, the staff and the amenities. I really appreciate the fridge in the room. I like the location. The staff is always helpful and friendly. We rode our motorcycles and since it looked like rain they told us to park under the roofing at the front of the building. It is a little bit old but clean. The only downside for me is the breakfast options. I prefer protein and fruit and that is limited. Most of the items are bread, waffles, biscuits, donuts, cereal, etc. It is better than a continental breakfast with some hot items. I do love the fact they have a computer in the lobby area. That is convenient for checking for quick info on a map or restaurants or email. I'm sure I'll stay here again when I am in Newton.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to positively review our hotel on Trip Advisor. We truly appreicate your kind words about the cleanliness of the rooms and the friendliness of the staff. About breakfast selection i am working on it..great suggesion
I am delighted we were able to create a memorable stay for you and I thank you for recommending our Hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Jackson, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Stayed here for about 3 weeks to help with a job in newton. Owners and personal very friendly, nothing is too much just ask. Cleaned the rooms whenever we needed it. And they take care of you whatever your need is, hot showers and comfortable beds. Thanks for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank windhauler71
gmia146, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Newton, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you so very much for taking the time to positvely review the hotel and staff. We are glad we were able to provide you with a terrific experience during your stay. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated. We look forward to you staying with us in the future when your travels bring you back to the Newton area.
Pinetop-lakeside, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Comfortable, clean and very accomodating. It is deffinately the place for a long term stay.Beds are comfortable and have a fridg and, microwave and coffee maker in room. Walk to restaurants and easy access to Interstate. Will definately stay there again.

Room Tip: Bottom floor is remodeled. New beds.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank KathrynC64
gmia146, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Newton, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you so very much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We truly appreciate your positive comments regarding the hotel and staff. We are glad we continue to meet your expectations during your stays. We value your business and look forward to you staying with us again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newton
Days Inn Newton
Comfort Inn & Suites Grinnell
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#3 of 5 in Grinnell

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Newton? Share your experiences!