“Clean, quiet, and friendly”

Econolodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Newton
Reviewed December 2, 2012

The front desk was friendly and very helpful. My room was clean with a brand new comfortable bed. The hotel was recently remodeled and is very nice. The hotel is clolse to the highway with several resturants within walking distance. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
gmia146, Manager at Econolodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2013

Dear penny
Thank you for taking time to share your experience . I am delighted to see you had positive experience ! Wish i can bring warm weather for you here in iowa and keep you forever !!! Happy travels and look forward to seeing you again soon !

Reviewed November 12, 2012

found very accomodating. I am a truck driver so it workes out great with a truck parking and restaurant on site.Rooms clean and comfortable. Business center in lobby area was very helpful.Will definately come back refer to anyone coming to this area.

Room Tip: it was quite so any part of building
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
gmia146, Manager at Econolodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Thank you very much for all of your review and wonderful comments and great overview of your stay with us. We take great pride in making sure our guests have the greatest experience possible. Thanks for staying with us . we will definitely see you on your next stay .
Safe travels

Reviewed October 14, 2012

My family of 4 and our dog stayed one night while traveling to eastern Iowa.. The room, bathroom, and fridge were all clean. Found our bed to be comfortable and clean - no bed bugs! The entries were being remodeled - which didn't affect our stay. We were disappointed that the outside doors did not lock; however, we didn't have any problems. Nice hot breakfast. Easy check-in & check-out. When traveling in this area, will stay again. We were charged $10 for our dog.

• Stayed: October 2012
gmia146, Manager at Econolodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding our hotel.While pointing out a number of positive aspects of our hotel. you also provided us with your thoughts in regard to some items we need to improve on. Your feedback will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services for our guests.

please visit us again.
Hema patel

Reviewed October 11, 2012

The staff at Econo Lodge have always been friendly, helpful, and go out of their way. They always have my room ready for my weekly stay. I appreciate how accommodating they have always been. The location of the Econo Lodge is convenient as it's right off the highway and there are several restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side second floor are quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
gmia146, Manager at Econolodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write your reviews regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests.
We @ econolodge proud to have you here as our loyal guest. We look forward to serving you in all future stays.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Room accommodations were great, and rates were more than fair for everything going on in the area. Emma and Angie at front desk were very helpful in every way. Stay there, you won't be disappointed. Breakfast was your basic free breakfast. Very nice sports bar in same parking lot as Motel. Again not a vacation spot, but a good motel with good rates and friendly staff. Wireless internet was very easy, and believe it or not worked.

Room Tip: Tell staff what you need and they seem to try and accommodate your needs
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
gmia146, Manager at Econolodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2012

Thank you very much for your awesome review ! ! ! I appreciate you talking the time to share your experience with other travellers. Your review is appreciated along with your helpful comments and tips. We look forward to serving you in the future !

Please visit us again

Reviewed August 20, 2012

The look of the building on the outside is downright ugly. However, I was pleasantly surprised by the look of the room. It was generally updated and clean. The bathroom needed to be updated. We did not have a shower curtain and had to call down to the office to get one installed. She was very nice about it. We did not have problem with a clean room but when we checked in, the gal was on the phone apologizing for putting someone in a room that had not been cleaned. The breakfast was you basic free breakfast entrees. Basically, you get what you pay for and this is a low budget motel for an overnight stay and not a vacation destination.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
gmia146, Manager at Econolodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Thank you very much for taking time to fill out Review. I appreciate your feed back. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to hosting you again in future.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

My experience with the Econo Lodge in Newton, IA was PERFECT! I stayed there for 10 days during the Southern Iowa Speedweek and Knoxville Nationals. My booking and room accommodations were exactly as I requested and nightly pricing was fair considering the local events in the area with the NASCAR Nationwide Series. This local owner could have charge much more for the nights I stayed and I really appreciate not being price gouged like I have in the past at other hotels in Knoxville area. Heima the manager made sure I was satisfied and really helped me out a lot with some special requests, she was the best! My room was very clean and Free Internet service was very fast as I needed it for business I had to do while staying there, very efficient. The free hot breakfast was also very good as well, the breakfast area was always stocked and very clean. I would recommend this hotel to anyone needing a hotel in this area, I will be staying here again next year on vacation.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Steve H

Thank you very much for taking time to post a review and your warm comments ! It was pleasure hosting you and we look forward to doing so again in the future.