“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Klunder's Kafe

Klunder's Kafe
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in New Hampton
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Great little restaurant just off US 63 and US14 in eastern Iowa. Great broasted chicken!!
Hudson, Iowa
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

We were having a family reunion and for those that arrived earlier enough we decided to have supper here. I believe there were 14 of us in all and the place was packed when we arrived. They worked things so we could all sit in the same area. I had the hot roast beef sand and it was superb. Everyone loved their food and the pies were to die for. Some of the relatives were from Colorado and they were very impressed. Very good food for a nice price.

• Visited October 2013

Janesville, Iowa
“Awesome food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

Located just off the highway and easy to find with the giant chicken in the parking lot. They serve the best home cooked food I have ever eaten. The service was very friendly and fast. There was so much food that I could only eat half of it and took the rest to go. I still couldn't resist the delicious desserts, so I also got a piece of homemade pie to go. If you are going by New Hampton, IA, you MUST stop at Klunder's.

• Visited October 2013
quasqueton, iowa
“wonderful establishment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

Awesome service, very fast and friendly staff. Food was excellent. The meals were huge, no way you could eat it all in one sitting!

Visited October 2013
Oak Grove, MN, USA
“B&G update”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

I have to move their biscuits and gravy to number 1 EVER!! It is never less than perfect. The only problem is leaving enough room for the home made desserts

• Visited September 2013
Hawkeye, IA
“Great food, low price, small town atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

Since my wife works in New Hampton, we eat at Klunders fairly often. The big thing that stands out about this place is the laid back, small town atmosphere. They have local art and crafts hanging on the walls and in a back corner (that is ALWAYS packed) they have the senior pictures of every student who graduated from the high school "back in the day". Most of them are black and white and interesting to look at. In any case, there is always "stuff" to look at when waiting for your food.

When you arrive, its generally a "seat yourself" kind of place. You sit down and within a minute or two the waitress/waiter, who is always very friendly, takes your drink order, tells you about the special, all of the "normal" diner-esque stuff. The food is always fairly inexpensive and the portion sizes are always fairly big. Their pancakes are always dinner-plate sized and taste amazing. I've never eaten/ordered anything that was less than excellent. Also, the speed at which the food comes out is ridiculous. Usually, its less than ten minutes - even if the place is jam packed. The food is always cooked well and tastes great. I always order the Haystack Hashbrowns with two eggs on top. Its a great deal of food - for about 8 dollars. In fact, now that I think about it, I dont think there is anything on the menu more expensive than like 14 or 15 dollars, and I think that particular item is a steak of some sort. Everything is usually anywhere from 4 to 8 dollars a plate.

I keep going back and I recommend this place to anyone looking to get a good meal, at a low price, in a good atmosphere.

• Visited August 2013