“A sparkling diamond in a sea of green corn” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 New Hampton

Super 8 New Hampton
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in New Hampton
Iowa
“A sparkling diamond in a sea of green corn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2009

I'd love to give this Super 8 all 5's, but due to the issues with availability and pricing for my adult daughter, my adult son, and six children, I can't. All was squared away by day staff, but one just doesn't want to hassle at 2 am when there are six kids in the car.

This is a lovely place to stay for a wedding gathering at The Little Brown Church in the Vale - about ten country minutes away. We had a total of eight rooms and a discount would have been nice, but it didn't happen. (I understand that you have to confirm nine or more for that).

The rooms are just as pictured on the web. You've probably been led astray by photos before, but these truly were even nicer than the brochure. The lobby is lovely, with a computer in the corner for guests who'd like to log in without bringing their work with them. The comfortable lobby is beside the walled in pool area which hosts a pool table and lounging tables as well as the pool. It really was a wonderful place for our guests to gather and mingle on the night before our wedding.

There are several nearby eateries within a five minute drive. We enjoyed Chaff's.

The rooms are as clean as clean can be and the housekeeping staff is friendly and efficient. The value is good. I love this place and wish I would find even 50% of the hotels I stay in to be half as nice. This was the best appointed room of all that I stayed in over the course of ten days, and I am delighted to tell you that this is the best deal in north central Iowa as far as I can tell!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2008

Very nice Super 8! I've stayed at Super 8 hotels before, and was worried this one would be the same. It wasn't. It was very nice, the jacuzzi suite was great! The pool was a little too cool for me, but the hot tub was great! They have a nice lobby with a fireplace and a business center. Breakfast was good and everything was very clean. One of the best Super 8's I've stayed in!

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
spring valley mn.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2006

We called to make reservations and secured or rooms 2 of them. We drove seventy miles to get these rooms. we checked in had our keys in hand,went to dinner because it was late,came back and was informed that they gave our room away because of shift change ,sent us to inferior room down the street and called it good. I would like everyone to know that this was very improper-we were on motor cycles and i feel that we were treated like this because of our bikes and apperance. little did they know we are employeees of the worlds most famous hospital in Rochester MN. I hope that the people that are in charge of Motel 8 are aware of this in justice. And i also hope that the people in NEW HAMPTON IOWA ARE REALLY PROUD OF THEM SELVES. I would not hope an experience like this on any one.

• Disliked — The incomptance of employees and frachise owners
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay away
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with friends
      Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank softtailr
#1 of 4 in Charles City
Super 8 Cresco IA
Super 8 Cresco IA
#1 of 2 in Cresco

Been to Super 8 New Hampton? Share your experiences!