“Decent”

Travelodge Inn and Suites Muscatine
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Muscatine
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Booked online and there was issues with the whole process. No iron, hangers, or much else in the room. It wasn't until I checked out that I figured out how to connect to wifi. Apparently, you need to know to ask for AJ if you want the correct answer. Continental breakfast looked scary and the coffee was barely digestable. That said, the room was very clean and a decent value for the price. They also have a nice pool with a waterfall feature.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Aj P, Manager at Travelodge Inn and Suites Muscatine, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Thank you so much for your review of the Travelodge Inn & Suites. We are under new management since last year. Since then we have made and are in the process of making more improvements. Our Continental plus breakfast includes, Waffles, Coffee, 2 type of juice, 2 type of cereal, Bread, Muffins, and Danishes. We are glad you liked our rooms and pool area. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Week and a half stay, filthy rooms, had to go and buy Fabreeze to stomach the odor in and out of the rooms.
Beds were made once in almost two weeks, sheets never changed!
Had to go to desk twice to obtain TP that was never replaced! When I came back in the evenings after work I would find bed unmade nothing touched......,but they would take my dirty towels and not replace them!!
Who are these people!!!??
I will not go into more detail but this is by far the most miserable motel experience I have ever had.
I paid for two weeks in advance , non refundable. But I had to get out of there!
Hampton Inn, it is amazing!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Jesquix

I apologize for any inconvenience that you did experience with your stay. We always appreciate feedback from our guests on ways that we can improve. Our goal is to provide clean and comfortable rooms to our guest for reasonable price. We have full housekeeping staff and we provide housekeeping every single day. I am not sure why you never mention anything for week and half while your stay at the hotel. Please feel free to contact me at the property and ask for the manager if there is anything we can do to rectify this situation.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at this place a while back and it was so lovely! The rooms are decorated according to themes and it's so cute and memorable. It was unlike any motel I have ever seen stayed in. I chose to stay in "caesar's court" and so all of the furniture and walls- the whole room- were decorated with an antique flourish. Definitely will stay here again. Definitely recommend!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your review of the Travelodge Inn & Suites. We are happy that you liked our suite. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Matthew L
Aj P, Manager at Travelodge Inn and Suites Muscatine, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Let me start by saying that I am not a hotel snob. I almost always choose an inexpensive hotel and don't mind worn carpet, dated rooms, etc. This room however, was beyond that. My husband pulled out the nightstand to plug in his breathing machine and found full sized animal crackers and lots of dirt. My son's bed's bedspread was disgusting. Dried blood and cigarette burns. We were in a nonsmoking room too. My son also found a light under his bed. All I got was an "I'm sorry." Will never recommend or stay here again.

1  Thank Robin B

Dear Robin,
I apologize for any inconvenience that you did experience with your stay. We always appreciate feedback from our guests on ways that we can improve. We do clean our linens every day and we will make sure none of them are stained or damage. I will personally make sure all our housekeeping checks behind night stand and other furniture to make sure it’s clean. Please feel free to contact me at the property and ask for the manager if there is anything I can do to rectify this situation.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Off the beaten path. About a 20 minute drive off of the Interstate.
Non smoking rooms. But hotel smelled like smoke.
Hotel looks like it might not be completely up to building code.
Has a waffle machine for breakfast and a pretty big indoor pool.
Was okay for one night.

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Thank you so much for your review of the Travelodge Inn & Suites. Just FYI we are up to all building codes. Hotel is 13 miles from Interstate 80 on HWY 38/Park Ave. Our goal is to provide clean and comfortable rooms to our guest at very reasonable price. We are glad that you liked our pool area and breakfast. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.