“Aging Marriott Property”

Best Western Pearl City Inn
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Muscatine
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Some Fairfield Inn are pretty nice. This one has seen better days. The furniture in the rooms especially show its age. The desk is small, the table and chairs older, and the bathroom looks like it was built back in the 90's. Staff is nice and friendly. Parking is tight, especially on busy nights. Breakfast is pretty typical Fairfield, except the breakfast area only has four or five tables. It is almost always overcrowded in the mornings. In Marriott Rewards this is a category 1 hotel. Overall, it doesn't deserve anything better than the 1 category ranking. However, the hotel was quiet and I felt safe while staying here.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the first floor near the ice and vending machines. These are super noisy rooms due to...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Best Western Pearl City Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear Gozags2012,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I'm glad that my staff provided you with great service. However, I'm sorry to hear that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. Guest satisfaction is very important to us, and we will use your comments to improve our services. Please allow us another opportunity to impress you on your next trip to Muscatine.

Kim M.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Pearl City Inn

Reviewed October 23, 2013

This location is average at best. I have stayed here many times over the last 10 years, just starting to do reviews on trip advisor. It is showing it's age and may be due for a remodel, soon. Room decor is older light oak colored Fairfield in furniture, not the near dark oak colors. Noticed some roof shingles missing from the room. Room was as clean as it can be, at the current age. Staff is friendly. Would stay again for business, unless nearby and new, Hampton Inn is not fully booked. Would not stay here with my young family, due to age and need of remodel. Good price for what you are getting.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Best Western Pearl City Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Dear Str-il,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, and for being a loyal guest of ours. I'm very sorry that we did not exceed your expectations on your most recent visit. My team strives to provide each guest with a clean, comfortable stay, and I apologize we did not succeed in providing that to you. I hope you will allow us another opportunity to impress you the next time you find yourself in Muscatine.

Kim M.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

We stay a Fairfield Inn for a week while we where getting ready to more in are new house, are stay was wonderful, staff was great, breakfast was always wonderful, we had a wonderful stay there. Locate was great, and they had fresh cookie everyday.

Room Tip: if you want to sleep good with great service stay at the Fairfield Inn.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I've stayed at this property regularly over the last years when I'm in Muscatine on business or to see family. Kim runs a very welcoming establishment with outstanding staff. The service is fantastic, and the cookies in the evening are a nice touch. They've recently added hot eggs and sausage to their breakfast, along with the waffles and usual cereal, juice, and pastries. Just what one needs to give the day a good start. A real credit to the Marriott family!

Room Tip: Rooms with Northern exposure are the quietest, in my experience,
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I met some very nice people throughout my 3 day stay at this hotel. The front desk folks were particularly helpful. The room was clean, fresh-smelling and had all of the amenities I needed to get my work done while staying there. Plus, I was only 3 minutes from the location where my meetings were held.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

My daughter lives in Muscatine and I am allergic to her cats so we stay in hotels when visiting. The Fairfield is reasonably priced and has been wonderful the multiple times we have stayed there. The beds are very comfortable, the pool and hot tub delightful, breakfast is good and includes hot eggs, sausage, and fruit as well as waffles. I just love the fresh baked cookies when you check in! The staff is extremely friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Husband and I had a one night stay on the way to Wisconsin by motorcycle. The location was convenient. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. The hot tub was the right temp and just what we needed. Breakfast was adequate. Price was right. But above all this, the staff was friendly and helpful. When we had an issue with the motorcycle, the manager lent my husband her personal vehicle so he could drive to the nearby auto parts store. WOW!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KimSherman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Muscatine
Hampton Inn Muscatine
Hotel Muscatine Iowa
#6 of 7 in Muscatine
Radisson Quad City Plaza Hotel
Comfort Inn Walcott near Davenport

Been to Best Western Pearl City Inn? Share your experiences!