“Another great get away! Breakfast by the lake was nice.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Muscatine Iowa

Hotel Muscatine Iowa
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Muscatine
Shorewood, Illinois, Usa
“Another great get away! Breakfast by the lake was nice.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

Another fun trip to Iowa! Thanks for the great room.
The outside design of the building kinda threw us off a little, but the room was beautiful! Very clean, big, comfortable and decorated nicely. The brighter neutral colors you use make the room more enjoyable. Thank you also for your fun hospitality!
The pool and jacuzzi area, and the open lobby and sitting area is grand and inviting! The balcony and rooms directly off this area was a nice touch. I really enjoyed the live music those young people were playing on their guiltars for fun.
Thanks for the GREAT hot breakfast too! The sausages and eggs were perfect! Waffles, cereals, fruit, toast, juice, both chocolate and reg milk was another plus, breads, donuts and muffins, etc. Then, sitting off the lake was just awesome! What an absolutely refreshing breakfast. The price for our room was already so affordable, wow this took at least another $20+ off our stay, and trip! I can only imagine how much a family could save with just this breakfast alone.
The wifi was also very easy to navigate, and strong. Everything was excellent. Thanks again! We would stay again in a heartbeat! We would definitely recommend this hotel.

Suggestion... don't miss your breakfast. You will be refreshed and ready to enjoy the day. Carpe Diem!

Room Tip: We stayed in 121 which was very concenient to parking with an outside door right in our room. Our ro...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Muscatine1, General Manager at Hotel Muscatine Iowa, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful comments, we are glad you had a wonderful stay with us. We hope to see you on your next visit to Muscatine.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Fort Collins, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

We use to love this hotel and continue to hope for something better. They've updated linens which is nice. The breakfast was mediocre. We had dogs with us and they made no effort to clean the room, which honestly we were okay with because we had prepaid rate through a booking site for three days which we were pleased with. When I checked in I was told that rate included the fee for the dogs which was great. Unfortunately, I was charged more than $65 later with the manager being very rude via email regarding my questioning this (I had called and asked for a call back). Very disappointing. Won't stay again.

Room Tip: The pool side rooms are nice but beware that this means no windows/outside door and the ventilation...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank KM234
Deann K, Manager at Hotel Muscatine Iowa, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. I'm sorry to hear of the confusion with our pet policy which is signed upon check in stating the pet charges and cleaning schedule of rooms with pets in them. I'm unsure of who would of told you the pet charges were inclusive with the room charge as it has always been a separate charge of $10.00 a day per pet and a $75.00 refundable pet deposit upon checkout after room is inspected for damages. You stated you booked online through a booking site and I was wondering if they might have told you that it was included in the room rate?

I'm also very disturbed and apologize for the rudeness of the manager who responded to your questions on this issue. This is not our normal guest service skills.

If I can do anything to make this better with you please call me at 563-264-5550 and I will certainly try.

Deann Klemp

Travelers are raving about these Muscatine hotels

Iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

It is so sad to see what is happening to this hotel! It has such potential to be a great place but it seems that the corporate Clarion just intends to run it into the ground!!!! To shut down the towns best reception/banquet facility is appalling! This is the only facility in town that wedding guests (or holiday part, etc) could celebrate and stay overnight too. We were very interested in holding a birthday swimming party for our daughter but were advised that corporate no longer allowed birthday reservations. If a hotel is trying to stay afloat in a bad economy....the hotel should not stop offering the things that drew customers to it. It's structurally such a nice place....beautiful atrium and the bar was nice too. The poolside rooms are great and the lobby area so spacious. It could be a fantastic place for gatherings. With all of this potential there is no reason this hotel should sit so empty! I so hope that somehow this place can be saved instead of allowing Corporate Clarion to send it to its death.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
      Rooms
Deann K, General Manager at Hotel Muscatine Iowa, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to fill out our survey. We have started allowing pool parties again so please call for information on how to set one up.

I too hope they allow the banquet hall and lounge to reopen in the near future as we get many inquires on renting the space.

Thank you for your business and hope you will continue to come stay with us at the Clarion Hotel Muscatine.

Sincerely

Deann Klemp
Cambridge, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

The room was clean, the bed was comfortable and the staff was very friendly. Friends came by and used the pool while I was there. It was very cold outside but toasty warm in the room. I had no noise problems at all. I had stayed here when it was still Holiday Inn and I saw no real difference other than the restaurant is now only used for the free breakfast. I don't care if there isn't a bar in the hotel,..less noise. If you have your "Do Not Disturb" sign on your door, the cleaning service slides a note under the door to let you know how to get in touch with them if you need anything. I will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Muscatine1, General Manager at Hotel Muscatine Iowa, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Thank you for staying with the Muscatine Clarion Hotel, your comments are greatly appreciated and will be shared with the entire staff. We look forward to seeing you on your return trip to Muscatine. Thanks again
Iowa City, Iowa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

this hotel used to be fun, entertaining and clean. what the heck happened? the pool area used to be a blast around new years. the bar was always small but entertaining. the banquet room was fun for receptions etc and that fell apart.

this absolutely shows poor management decisions.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank radioactive2
Hotel M, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Muscatine Iowa, responded to this review, October 24, 2015
Thank you for writing about your experience on your last visit. We wish to continually serve you our patrons well. We are terribly sorry your last visit with us was not up to your standards we are in the processes of renovating our hotel to make it once again to jewel of Muscatine, Iowa. Please let me assure you that these issues are resolved and we sincerely hope to see you on your next visit to the area. Our patrons are the utmost import to us and their experiences we want to be excellent. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention.
ROCHESTER
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

This property shows former elegance. It is still in excellent physical shape. A large entry into a beautiful atrium complete with pool, hot tub and bar sitting area.
The website, as of may 14,2013 listed full restaurant, bar, free internet and continental breakfast included for a very reasonable $89 per night.
The problems were that there was no bar, there was no restaurant (They had been closed for over a year!!). There was a nice continental breakfast, but no newspaper to read or purchase in the morning. Also the free internet was only for Internet Explorer. It would not connect to Firefox, Safari, or Chrome. I worked with the ISP for 45 minutes with no success the first night. (They did connect me the next day). Room lighting was terrible but room was very clean. No room service, All in all, not a reccomended business hotel any more!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Muscatine1, General Manager at Hotel Muscatine Iowa, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
I would like to thank you for your review of our hotel, your feedback allows us to correct issues like the ones you experienced. The hotel restaurant and bar have been temporarily closed as of Feb. 1st 2013. I do not have a date at this time when they will reopen.
I am actively looking for an alternative newspaper other than the USA Today as they no longer deliver to our area.
I'm sorry about your experience with your computer and not being able to log on. Each person has their unique settings on their computers that sometimes do not allow for our internet to connect to your computers. The help desk should have been able to get you on right away, I'm not sure why it took longer than that.
Again, I would like to take a moment and thank you for your comments and to apologize for the inconveniences during your stay. I hope you will try us again.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

I will never stay here again. The people in the rooms next door might as well be staying with you! I love the amenities but this is the second time I have stayed here for an extended period and the noise was unbearable. if the adjacent room has people that like to stay up late and party you may as well forget sleeping!!

• Stayed March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Muscatine1, General Manager at Hotel Muscatine Iowa, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for your recent stay. I know that some guest get a little loud and have a good time and that noise can effect other guest. If there is anything I can do please feel free to call or email me at gm.ia177@choicehotels.com.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Muscatine
BEST WESTERN Pearl City Inn
Hotel Blackhawk, Autograph Collection
Super 8 Muscatine
Super 8 Muscatine
#5 of 7 in Muscatine

Been to Hotel Muscatine Iowa? Share your experiences!