“Clarion is doing great....Good bye Holiday Inn” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Muscatine Iowa

Hotel Muscatine Iowa
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Muscatine
Cambridge, Maryland
“Clarion is doing great....Good bye Holiday Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

The room was clean, the bed was comfortable and the staff was very friendly. Friends came by and used the pool while I was there. It was very cold outside but toasty warm in the room. I had no noise problems at all. I had stayed here when it was still Holiday Inn and I saw no real difference other than the restaurant is now only used for the free breakfast. I don't care if there isn't a bar in the hotel,..less noise. If you have your "Do Not Disturb" sign on your door, the cleaning service slides a note under the door to let you know how to get in touch with them if you need anything. I will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Muscatine1, General Manager at Hotel Muscatine Iowa, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Thank you for staying with the Muscatine Clarion Hotel, your comments are greatly appreciated and will be shared with the entire staff. We look forward to seeing you on your return trip to Muscatine. Thanks again

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Iowa City, Iowa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

this hotel used to be fun, entertaining and clean. what the heck happened? the pool area used to be a blast around new years. the bar was always small but entertaining. the banquet room was fun for receptions etc and that fell apart.

this absolutely shows poor management decisions.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank radioactive2
Hotel M, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Muscatine Iowa, responded to this review, October 24, 2015
Thank you for writing about your experience on your last visit. We wish to continually serve you our patrons well. We are terribly sorry your last visit with us was not up to your standards we are in the processes of renovating our hotel to make it once again to jewel of Muscatine, Iowa. Please let me assure you that these issues are resolved and we sincerely hope to see you on your next visit to the area. Our patrons are the utmost import to us and their experiences we want to be excellent. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention.

Travelers are raving about these Muscatine hotels

ROCHESTER
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

This property shows former elegance. It is still in excellent physical shape. A large entry into a beautiful atrium complete with pool, hot tub and bar sitting area.
The website, as of may 14,2013 listed full restaurant, bar, free internet and continental breakfast included for a very reasonable $89 per night.
The problems were that there was no bar, there was no restaurant (They had been closed for over a year!!). There was a nice continental breakfast, but no newspaper to read or purchase in the morning. Also the free internet was only for Internet Explorer. It would not connect to Firefox, Safari, or Chrome. I worked with the ISP for 45 minutes with no success the first night. (They did connect me the next day). Room lighting was terrible but room was very clean. No room service, All in all, not a reccomended business hotel any more!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Muscatine1, General Manager at Hotel Muscatine Iowa, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
I would like to thank you for your review of our hotel, your feedback allows us to correct issues like the ones you experienced. The hotel restaurant and bar have been temporarily closed as of Feb. 1st 2013. I do not have a date at this time when they will reopen.
I am actively looking for an alternative newspaper other than the USA Today as they no longer deliver to our area.
I'm sorry about your experience with your computer and not being able to log on. Each person has their unique settings on their computers that sometimes do not allow for our internet to connect to your computers. The help desk should have been able to get you on right away, I'm not sure why it took longer than that.
Again, I would like to take a moment and thank you for your comments and to apologize for the inconveniences during your stay. I hope you will try us again.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

I will never stay here again. The people in the rooms next door might as well be staying with you! I love the amenities but this is the second time I have stayed here for an extended period and the noise was unbearable. if the adjacent room has people that like to stay up late and party you may as well forget sleeping!!

• Stayed March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Muscatine1, General Manager at Hotel Muscatine Iowa, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for your recent stay. I know that some guest get a little loud and have a good time and that noise can effect other guest. If there is anything I can do please feel free to call or email me at gm.ia177@choicehotels.com.
Fort Dodge
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

Stayed here for a bowling convention. Was told that corporate office closed a lot of the rooms in order to get their percentages higher. We were to have our meeting there and they cancelled the room we were to have it in so had to scurry around town to find another place to have it. The lounge was closed the whole time we were there so it was not accessible. We had three people in our room so they gave us a room with a king size bed and a couch that folded out into a bed. So one person had to sleep on the couch bed when they had several rooms empty that corporate would not let them use. The staff working had no control over the situation, they were caught in the middle. If that is the way Corporate office is going to run the establishment in order to get their stats looking better and have no concern for their guests - you can rest assured many of us will not be staying there again. We are going back next month for a bowling tournament and thank goodness we are not at this Hotel!!! I do not recommend this place at all. They are not concerned about their guest comfort.

Room Tip: Stayed here for a bowling convention. Was told that corporate office closed a lot of the rooms in o...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Unhappy4sure
I am sorry about your recent stay with us in March. Due to the economical conditions in the Muscatine area, we felt it necessary to take measure to ensure the future of the hotel. This included some very drastic changes to our hotel, such as the lay off of 30 plus employees along with the temporary closing of the dining room, lounge and banquet facility. This has been a very difficult discision that we had to make, unfortunately the timing of it affected a lot of people.
Washington, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

I had my wedding ceremony & reception scheduled here. I got a call 1 month (and 2 days) before the wedding day saying they were cancelling their services. I was given my security deposit back, but that was all. Naturally only being a month out I already had wedding invites sent out, and services lined up. It cost a significant amount of money to send out new invites and pay for professional services to travel into the quad cities instead. I am so disgusted that they only hold the customer accountable for the signed contract, and do not provide any compensation for not upholding their end of the deal. Not a trustworthy company. My in-laws spent a night in their hotel rooms and said they had a terrible experience. Coffee pot & hairdryer did not work, carpet was filthy, overall very poor quality.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank GV2013
Muscatine1, General Manager at Hotel Muscatine Iowa, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
I would to apologize again for the inconvenience the closing of our banquet facility caused you and your family members. This was a very tough decision to make as a company. I'm glad you found a nice alternative place to hold your reception. I wish you and your new husband many years of happiness.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

I usually stay here 3 to 4 times a year so I got the good picture of the change. The hotel is outdated and needs some renovation, but is a good value if you don't mind the outdated rooms. The rooms are spacious and pool area looks good, but what is down from the last visit is room cleaningness. You can tell that the housekeepeers are not doing their job. To summarize, you could probably get a same or even better value across the street.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Muscatine1, General Manager at Hotel Muscatine Iowa, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
I'm sorry about your last visit with us. We do know that we are in need of a renovation but the cleanliness is in our control and looks as if we failed on that. I had a staff meeting with our housekeepers on the cleanliness of our hotel and have shared your comments with them. I will also be doing more room inspections to insure that our rooms are clean prior to our guest arriving. I appreciate your comments, thank you.