New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Hotel Muscatine Iowa
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Muscatine
“Paper thin walls”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I will never stay here again. The people in the rooms next door might as well be staying with you! I love the amenities but this is the second time I have stayed here for an extended period and the noise was unbearable. if the adjacent room has people that like to stay up late and party you may as well forget sleeping!!

• Stayed March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
Muscatine1, General Manager at Hotel Muscatine Iowa, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for your recent stay. I know that some guest get a little loud and have a good time and that noise can effect other guest. If there is anything I can do please feel free to call or email me at gm.ia177@choicehotels.com.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Fort Dodge
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Stayed here for a bowling convention. Was told that corporate office closed a lot of the rooms in order to get their percentages higher. We were to have our meeting there and they cancelled the room we were to have it in so had to scurry around town to find another place to have it. The lounge was closed the whole time we were there so it was not accessible. We had three people in our room so they gave us a room with a king size bed and a couch that folded out into a bed. So one person had to sleep on the couch bed when they had several rooms empty that corporate would not let them use. The staff working had no control over the situation, they were caught in the middle. If that is the way Corporate office is going to run the establishment in order to get their stats looking better and have no concern for their guests - you can rest assured many of us will not be staying there again. We are going back next month for a bowling tournament and thank goodness we are not at this Hotel!!! I do not recommend this place at all. They are not concerned about their guest comfort.

Room Tip: Stayed here for a bowling convention. Was told that corporate office closed a lot of the rooms in o...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Unhappy4sure
I am sorry about your recent stay with us in March. Due to the economical conditions in the Muscatine area, we felt it necessary to take measure to ensure the future of the hotel. This included some very drastic changes to our hotel, such as the lay off of 30 plus employees along with the temporary closing of the dining room, lounge and banquet facility. This has been a very difficult discision that we had to make, unfortunately the timing of it affected a lot of people.

Travelers are raving about these Muscatine hotels

Washington, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I had my wedding ceremony & reception scheduled here. I got a call 1 month (and 2 days) before the wedding day saying they were cancelling their services. I was given my security deposit back, but that was all. Naturally only being a month out I already had wedding invites sent out, and services lined up. It cost a significant amount of money to send out new invites and pay for professional services to travel into the quad cities instead. I am so disgusted that they only hold the customer accountable for the signed contract, and do not provide any compensation for not upholding their end of the deal. Not a trustworthy company. My in-laws spent a night in their hotel rooms and said they had a terrible experience. Coffee pot & hairdryer did not work, carpet was filthy, overall very poor quality.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank GV2013
Muscatine1, General Manager at Hotel Muscatine Iowa, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
I would to apologize again for the inconvenience the closing of our banquet facility caused you and your family members. This was a very tough decision to make as a company. I'm glad you found a nice alternative place to hold your reception. I wish you and your new husband many years of happiness.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I usually stay here 3 to 4 times a year so I got the good picture of the change. The hotel is outdated and needs some renovation, but is a good value if you don't mind the outdated rooms. The rooms are spacious and pool area looks good, but what is down from the last visit is room cleaningness. You can tell that the housekeepeers are not doing their job. To summarize, you could probably get a same or even better value across the street.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
Muscatine1, General Manager at Hotel Muscatine Iowa, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
I'm sorry about your last visit with us. We do know that we are in need of a renovation but the cleanliness is in our control and looks as if we failed on that. I had a staff meeting with our housekeepers on the cleanliness of our hotel and have shared your comments with them. I will also be doing more room inspections to insure that our rooms are clean prior to our guest arriving. I appreciate your comments, thank you.
Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stayed at this location for work. Unfortunately this week was above average temps and extremely hot. The hotel had shut off all capabilities of using AC. Terribly uncomfortable. They did offer a fan to move the stale warm air in my room. Guest laundry was filthy in washer and dryer took 3 times to dry 2 pairs of jeans, shirts, socks and needs to be replaced. Even the laundry floor was filthy. As the washer moved due to an apparently unbalanced load leaving the floor to be seen underneath. Yuck. Staff was ok... however I don't appreciate seeing tattoos covering both arms and some of chest openly exposed on front desk female. Cover up, clean and update restrooms, clean laundry room, and be conscious of weather (don't shut AC down) and maybe I'd give another try. Location is the only positive.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
Muscatine1, General Manager at Hotel Muscatine Iowa, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
I would like to thank you for letting me know about your experience here at the Clarion and apologize to you. Some issue don't always make it to my desk. As for the guest laundry room I have had housekeeping clean in and around the washer and dryer. I have also had a repairman look at the the washer and dryer and both are now working correctly. The AC has been winterized, unfortunately we have had warmer weather than expected since we shut it down. I have also gone over the proper appearance guidlines with the front desk staff, hopefully this has been taken care of. We hope to see you come back on your next visit to Muscatine.
Nashua, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

We enjoyed our two night stay at the Clarion in Muscatine and found the staff to be pleasant and the rooms clean. The pillows and comforter were absolutely WONDERFUL and the entire family commented on them.

The continental breakfast was nice and we enjoyed the selection!

The only negative was that the indoor pool was quite chilly and the kids were disappointed that we had to say "no" to swimming. We didn't get to check out the hot tub because of our kids, but we did hear people using that.

We would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Nichole S, Manager at Hotel Muscatine Iowa, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for staying with us, we are glad you enjoyed our bedding and free breakfast. We are working with our pool expert and he is adjusting the heat on the pool. We hope to see you again.
Muscatine, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This past weekend we had my daughters 7th birthday party at the hotel. The staff was very accommodating to our needs. We did have enough table and chairs set up and within 5 min they were getting extra ones set up for us. They came down to the party area several times to make sure everything was running smoothly and that we didn’t need anything else. We had 40 plus people there and three of the other families are thinking about having their daughter’s parities there as well. They were very friendly and made sure we felt right at home. We had six girls stay the night at the hotel with us. They opened the pool early so the girls could swim before we went home. The continental breakfast was one of the best ones we have had at a hotel. Along with the cereal, muffins, fresh fruit they also had waffles, sausage, eggs and yogurt. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Teisha O
Muscatine1, General Manager at Hotel Muscatine Iowa, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you very much for staying with us, we are glad you enjoyed your stay and had a great birthday for your daughter. Please have your family members contact our Sales Department for dates that are available for their birthday parties as well. Look forward to seeing you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Muscatine
Hampton Inn Muscatine
3.5 of 5 stars 31 reviews
#1 of 3 in Walcott
3.0 of 5 stars 70 reviews
Days Inn Walcott Davenport

Been to Hotel Muscatine Iowa? Share your experiences!