“Great Location”
Review of Super 8 Muscatine

Super 8 Muscatine
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Muscatine
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We used this hotel for the first night while we were in town for Soccer. The Soccer fields were just minutes from the hotel (so where the other hotels) Food and drinks were just walking distance away. Compared to what others were charging during Soccer I will definitely stay here. The prices are usually the lowest in town. I had no issues with the hotel. It was very clean and friendly. I think it could have been quieter if it wasn't for all the young soccer players staying there also. All in all it was definitely worth the money we paid to stay here. Will be back again next year.

Room Tip: Pick upstairs rooms, you can hear people running in the hallway if you are downstairs.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed June 18, 2012

I had stayed at this hotel while I was moving from MN. I found a discount voucher in a travel guide at a rest area. The rooms were very large and cozy. There was nothing special about the rooms but it was very accommodating. If you are looking for a place to rest your head then I would recommend this hotel. If you are looking for the luxury of a swimming pool I would suggest staying at the other upper end hotels. This was just right for my trip since I was on a budget. Parking my Uhaul was very easy since they have easy access to HWY 61.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor room by an exit.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Very nice, clean rooms Service is excellent. I understand these are new owners and they are doing everything possible to make your stay a very pleasant one If you are looking for a nice place to stay for one to several days or longer, this is an excellent place for the money.
There's even a nice continental breakfast in th morning that includes waffles,

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 1, 2011

This is the worst place we have ever stayed. My husband travels for work along with some other men. We all got rooms here and from the beginning it was one thing after another. The older lady at the front desk was rude when we checked in. One of the men we were traveling with was charged 4 times for his room and ended up having to call a lawyer to get a refund. Another was also charged for more than he was supposed to be. The staff here has absolutely no customer service skills. The lady with blond hair at the front desk has an awful attitude. Our key card kept getting deactivated. Housekeeping walked into our room even though the do not disturb sign was on the door. Then they would knock on the door 3-4 times each day, each time bringing something different. You can hear everytime someone walks down the hall or does something in the room beside you. This is not a quiet place to stay. I would not recommend this place.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Comfortable king size bed. Pleasant friendly desk staff.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed January 30, 2011

I reserved a room via internet at Muscatine, IA Super 8 for my oldest son, a single parent of 3 small children, who had been away for many years in the Army and living on the west coast. After all these years he decided to move home here in IL to be near family. Most our family live in Muscatine. I knew he needed to spend quality time with his brother/sisters so I reserved the room with my credit card as a GIFT, so he could spend the night and visit plus get a little needed break from being a Dad while the children stayed with Grandma & Grandpa.
To my surprise he arrived at Super 8, only to be told he couldnt check in without my credit card. After a conversation between myself & the desk clerk, I was very discouraged they still would not give him the room I reserved.
Excuse me, but for years people have purchased motel rooms as GIFTS for newly weds, weddings, family visiting from out of town, etc. and no doubt as each of these guests checked in with their Confirmation # they did not have the actual GIFT credit card to show the desk clerk.
This motel left my son with no motel room for the night and ruined what was supposed to be an enjoyable little vacation for my son and a GIFT from me!!
Extremely POOR CUSTOMER RELATIONS!!!! As a frequent traveler I utilized Super 8 a great deal. They just lost a good customer!! I hope to see this business fail and go bankrupt for being so UN-GIFTED where public relations is concerned. They forget, You Can't Spell S__CESS with U!!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
muscatinegm, Manager at Super 8 Muscatine, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2011

We apologize for the inconvenience your son encountered at our Super 8. We take great pride in providing the best service to our guests. We sincerely appreciate your son's service to our great country. We hope that you and your family will give us a second chance to make things right. Look forward to your next stay with us.