“A B&B Pearl” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Strawberry Farm Bed and Breakfast

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Strawberry Farm Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 3 Muscatine B&B and Inns
Orpington, United Kingdom
“A B&B Pearl”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

I have just returned from a fortnight's fly-drive holiday around Iowa - yes Iowa ... and in a holiday full of pleasant surprises the Strawberry Farm B&B is on the list.

I arrived earlier than normal at my night's destination, immediately a blessing as I wanted to enjoy the remaining hours of daylight along the Mississippi, and with Linda's clear directions was able to do so - plus find a good eatery.

The Berry Room is lovely and I slept very well and then there was breakfast ...

Choose Karl's surprise omelette - you won't need to eat for the rest of the day! Other than ALL the excellent food it was a lovely way to spend an hour or so of the morning in convivial conversation with such an interesting and interested couple.

When I do Illinois I shall be sure to cross the border for another dose of the Strawberry Farm B&B - go visit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

My husband and I had a fantastic stay at Strawberry Farms. To the most gracious host Linda and Carl, thank you. They are so warm and welcoming. You feel like part of the family, not just a visitor. They do whatever it takes to make your stay fabulous. Linda provided an awesome breakfast and she allows you to choose from a menu the night before so you get exactly what you like!! We had a very nice chat with another couple at breakfast as well.

The town itself is in a resurgence that is so nice to see. We had a great meal at the The Pearl Chophouse and great lunch at Boonies as well. If you're nearby or need a great get away......head to Strawberry Farms.

Room Tip: We stayed in Linda's Room. I would highly recommend it. It has a fabulous soaking tub and a pr...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Carolina Beach, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

Heading south for the winter brought me to this part of Iowa and wanting a nice soaking tub brought me to this property. After spending the summer at my cabin, in Minnesota where I only have a shower, a nice soak is always a welcomed thing on the road home and they had a delightful one in "Linda's Room". It is a homey type of B&B and one feels very welcomed by Linda & Karl. This is not a B&B that is a pristine show house where you are afraid to put your feet up, worry about the antique furniture but rather a more comfortable home to enjoy. They have a dog - who is friendly but well behaved.

The setting is out in the country and since there was an "almost" full moon, it was nice to sit out and enjoy it on the little balcony in the crisp fall evening. The bed was soft and comfy, a nice chair and lamp for reading was a pleasure. I did get internet service but spent most of the time just reading and relaxing.

Breakfast was amazing served on a lovingly set table with wonderful dinnerware pieces. You have a menu to order from the day before and I had a pretty fruit cup with mint, fabulous coffee, cranberry scones (light and luscious) and perfectly baked spinach souffle. More than enough food. Enjoyable guests were there for a chat and then Linda and Karl shared some time with us too - not enough to really get to know them so a return trip is in order!

The property is on the "well used" side of life but that is what makes it so charming and appealing to many. They were actually having a wedding the day after I arrived so I was able to watch a rehearsal from my balcony perch and then have the wedding party getting ready the next day. A busy place with lots of friendly smiling faces - which is something I enjoyed!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

What a pleasant surprise. The rooms and house were all very comfortable and the breakfasts were excellent. But what really made the stay was the hospitality of Karl and Linda. Their generosity made the entire experience a very enjoyable one. The large yard was perfect for throwing the Frisbee and playing some croquet while the screened in porch was perfect for relaxing with a glass of wine.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
High Point, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

I just returned from Strawberry Farms B + B. WOW! What a fantastic experience. My family was coming to Muscatine for a family reunion all from different parts of the country and this could not have been a better choice. We had all the rooms and took over the house. Karl and Linda could not have been friendlier or more easy going. The house and grounds are perfectly casual. The screen porch is really where we lived though and the the weather was in our favor. We all played croquet in the huge yard, had dinner for 22 under the gazebo. (Thank you Francesca's for the fabulous italian dinner you catered). and sat around the outdoor fire later in the evenings. The breakfasts were homemade and delicious and the table scopes and settings were perfect. I felt like I was traveling in Europe! We all loved having Maggie (golden retriever), Big AL(best cat EVER) and Penelope (kitty that slept with us the last night) with us the entire time since we missed our animals at home.

Room Tip: ALl rooms looked great but I stayed in the room with the little back porch. loved the comfy green le...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank lisasherryinterieurs
Marietta, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Strawberry Farms is a relaxing and friendly bed and breakfast. The breakfasts are awesome. Beds are excellenet quality as we have stayed several times in different rooms and beds are always excellent. This is a pet friendly inn. Karl and Linda make the stay special.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Fairfield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

Everything about our stay was fantastic! A business trip brought us to the area in June but I didn't want to stay in a Davenport chain hotel because I wanted to return from a long day of hard work to a real home atmosphere and my expectations were surpassed! Karl and Linda (and Maggie and friends) greeted us with warmth and humor and made us feel right at home. We had a great time sharing stories and getting to know these genuinely warm-hearted people. Breakfast was super-delicious and "veganized." If you are vegan, vegetarian or have any other food preferences or allergies, Linda and Karl are happy to accommodate your needs and their cooking will delight your taste buds!

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business