“True and tried Italian in Iowa”

Salvatore's Ristorante
Ranked #1 of 83 Restaurants in Muscatine
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Salvatore's "trattoria" has been a staple in the downtown Muscatine area since 1985, when Reno Vitale moved here from Palermo, Sicily, the original home of pizza and pasta. In Italy, the word "trattoria" means a small, informal restaurant, often off the beaten path on a small block or street. Here at Salvatore's, we try to capture the mood, flavor and taste of the famous Italian trattorias. Come into our locally owned and operated restaurant tonight for a taste of real Italian flavor right here in Iowa.
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I've been going to Salvatore's for a couple of years now and the quality is always consistent. Claudio, the owner, is always there and possibly the main responsible for that. The staff is friendly, the portions big and the flavors truthful and honest.

All in all, this is great Italian fare for a decent price. Try the cheese garlic bread and the rope sausage appetizer - and the tiramisu for dessert is the best this side of Chicago...

1  Thank Roberto M

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Had dinner with friends on a Saturday night. We had called ahead for a reservation and it was a good idea since the place filled up fast. We arrived at 6:30 and by 7:00 it was very busy. We did have quite a wait for our food, but the waiter was very friendly and comped us dessert! All the meals were excellent. We had pastas and from the looks of the pizzas they are wonderful also. Would recommend this place to anyone!

Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

I was here 13 years ago while working in town. My job took me back to town again. Myself and two other coworkers went there for a return. The food was awesome!! Prices were cheap compared to many similar places I have been to. The waitress recommend every thing from wine to the main course for me. She hit a home run. The rope sausage appetizer was recommended. It was so so good

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Just what we needed.Relaxing atmosphere, Great food, good wine and a strolling violinist. We will be back if we are in the area : )

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Fancy Italian is not my thing. My girlfriend wanted to go here and i said ok. the pizza was delcious and was 22 dollars for a xlarge meat lover. we also got a free small 1 topping to go for free because we ordered a xlarge. my gf got some ravaloi and enjoyed it. i would go back no problem.

Been to Salvatore's Ristorante? Share your experiences!