“Lunch is awesome too!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Iowa City, Iowa
“Lunch is awesome too!”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Went here with my parents and son (4) on the weekend. Everything we had was great. We got a ham sandwich special, the burgers are the best in Iowa (forget Shorts in Iowa City!), and tried the olive cake and Kit kat bar special dessert. YUM! Still dreaming about it...SO reasonable at lunch time. Can get the expertise of the chef and charming atmosphere without paying more at dinner!

Visited September 2012

Iowa City, IA
“Seldom get in!”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Though I had a nice enough meal, getting in is a struggle, a small place. Long waits each time I've tried to eat lunch here, and only a few times did I have time to wait. And it is a bit loud for my tastes. I know lots of people are fans, but I probably won't make an effort to go back.

• Visited August 2012
Marion, Iowa
“Lunch delight”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Went to this small town with plan to visit the recommended Lincoln Cafe. We were not disappointed. Food was great, service was okay, but they did have a full house so could not expect any more. Wonderful soup.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank agnewre2016
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Excellent Experience In Mt Vernon”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Really enjoyed the experience and fine dining. They provide you with a Standard Menu but tell you they have specials for the day. They provide that to your verbally and don't give you a menu to select from. They place the items and prices somewhere on the wall by the door and some other location. Didn't ask what the prices where for the specials. Was a little shocked to find that I paid $31.00 for half a Pheasant and $15.00 for a Shrimp Appetizer. Not complaining, I should have looked or asked the waitress. Folks were really friendly but we missed going to the Wine Bar for the Music experience. We'll go back but will look for the Board with the Daily Specials :-)

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Scooter55_12
Lisle
“Delicious cafe chow!”
Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

We read about Lincoln Cafe 5 years ago in a Chicago newspaper and we've always wanted to try it out. After dropping off my son at college, we had had lunch there. We split the small pear and blue cheese salad for an appetizer, which was delicious. Our main entree was Indian spiced fried perch sandwiches with homemade buns and a cucumber relish. It was outstanding! I grew up on lake perch, and this was definitely very good perch. The sandwich was over stuffed with perch. Yum!

1 Thank Danageld R