“Not my favorite...”

Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Located in the Alexander Hotel. Mexican and Peruvian dishes
Description: Located in the Alexander Hotel. Mexican and Peruvian dishes
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I've eaten here several times and even though the food was okay, I wasn't impressed. For my dollars, I'll walk up the street to another diner. There's lots of others to eat at, unless you have your heart set on Mexican food, then this is the only place! I can't guess whether your experience will be negative or positive since it's so spotty; but that's enough to move me to another place. The good news is that McGregor is a very nice town with a variety of places to eat and lots of nice folks. I suspect you'll have a nice time even without Mexican food!

1  Thank travelingtaster123
There are newer reviews for Latinos MexicanRestaurant

Reviewed August 3, 2013

I was happy to read a great review about a Peruvian- Mexiacan restaurant/hotel in midwest Americana.
The outside of hotel hasn't been painted or cared for in quite awhile, The out door tables were filthy and fly ridden so we chose to eat inside . It was warm -perhaps it was not airconditioned however I read a wonderful review!
The manager was not familiar w/ the menu and the dinner I ordered did not come w/ the rice and beans . The sauce was green not red as described on the menu. The manager that evening was involved in personal conversations on her iphones and the kitchen staff came out of the bathroom where there was no soap in the container.
I would love to have given all this to the owner but the person was not present. The manager was apprized
The waitor I l had was excellent. It was his first day and he was quite good in attempting to please and resolve concerns.
Note to owner - be advised.

3  Thank nancy d
Reviewed July 19, 2013

My husband and I drove on a Friday night to McGregor on the Mississippi River, from Decorah, 45 miles west. McGregor is a funky river town reminiscent of Galena, Illinois, but less polished, with several antique stores and historic buildings dating from 1854 on; it seems older than our town with its 1890s Victorian buildings. We walked around the downtown and noted several new restaurants and bars, including a brewpub. Latino's is housed in an 1899 hotel building; the original wood and tile floors slant with age. The restaurant surrounds a huge bar with stools, and there are Mexican touches, such as sombreros. Because the owner is Peruvian, a few Peruvian dishes are offered as well as typical Mexican fare. We enjoyed the excellent tortilla chips and spicy salsa and a sweet strawberry margarita before the meals of chicken and Peruvian beef fajitas arrived. Both came with a small amount of rice with corn, chopped lettuce, refried beans, and a half slice of tomato, as well as flour tortillas. The chicken fajita was tasty, charred perfectly with onions and green peppers and cheese, sizzling hot. My husband licked his plate clean, and he is a great cook. Latino's has more character than our local Mexican restaurant.

1  Thank Ilse035
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Some menu items were what you would expect. However, there were some very unusual ones as well. We had a garlic shrimp dish and very spicy Peruvian beef dish. Both were superb. What a great find in a small town. I wish we had one here in Minneapolis.

1  Thank Cecelia_2007
Reviewed May 28, 2013

There was a group of us (35) at this restaurant. they had reserved a room for us so we could all be together. The wait staff was wonderful as was the owner. The food was good and plentiful and the prices were reasonable.

2  Thank nanadiane1