“Best. Steak. Anywhere.”

Northwestern Steakhouse
Ranked #3 of 81 Restaurants in Mason City
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
West Hartford, CT
“Best. Steak. Anywhere.”
Reviewed June 16, 2009

I grew up in Mason City and dined at Northwestern Steak House countless times. I never go back for a visit without at least one meal there. I have traveled the world in my adult years, and eaten at fancy steakhouses across the U.S., and the finest $70 Kobe beef does not compare to what the old Greek guys do here. My family and I have puzzled over their secret for many years and have concluded that they add lamb juice to the steaks. Whatever, they're tender and flavorful and, from my perch here in New York, I am yearning for one right this minute.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“This restaurant has the...”
Reviewed June 1, 2009

This restaurant has the best steak around these parts, not to mention the rice or spaghetti you get with the meal. Delicious!!!!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Best Food In Mason City”
Reviewed June 29, 2008

Best Food In Mason City

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Rochester, Illinois
“The best steaks in the midwest. Period”
Reviewed August 19, 2007

These are the steaks of dreams!! We arrived in a slightly rundown area, the place was small but full. We went upstairs where they provided cards to pass the time. I ordered lamb chops and a greek salad. The rest of my family ordered steaks. The meat comes sitting in meat juices on a plate. There is absolutely no need for A1 sauce because this is the juiciest most flavorful meat you will ever eat. The rice that is served has steak juice in it. You will dream about these steaks!!

4 Thank Toering