“Where the locals eat”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I had been to Mason City many times before I had heard of this restuarant. It is a little ways away from most of the hotels but the steak is worth it. It is small but you can phone ahead and I would irregardless of what day you are there. It is a steakhouse so have a craving for red meat, they have beer and wine but a limited menu for those. It is not fancy but good, solid food.

1  Thank GardenGal08
There are newer reviews for Northwestern Steakhouse

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Mason City boasts of many Greek dining places however, the Northwestern Steak House is the finest by far with traditional Greek recipes and family dining.

1  Thank watsonsmom
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Delightful local restaurant. Nothing fancy just plain good food. Steak was excellent and the baked chicken was awesome.

1  Thank Kaarenengel
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Awesome filet but the Greek pasta side is too die for. I order a double side. One tip - wine selections are subpar so if you like wine with your steak, byob. They charge corkage but well worth it if the vino matters to you!!

Reviewed March 3, 2013

I hadn't been to NW Steakhouse for a couple of years, I went last night with some friends that had never been there, and I had been bragging it up for years to them, so I was so excited they were finally trying. The waitresses were awesome, for friendly and fun. But it seems to me some of the food has changed? I in the past have gotten the Fillet, which has always been heaven. Last night I tried the Prime Rib, I didn't like it. The meat was tough (I ordered medium) didn't have a lot of flavor, or as much greek sauce on the plate as in the past. The spaghetti was good, not as great as the past, and they seem to have skimped on some of the extras in the salad. I felt "bad" that I had bragged it up, and I think my friends were dissappointed too. My husband had the fillet, and I tasted that it was still wonderful. If I ever get back, I will never have the prime rib again.

1  Thank Melanie H