“Ridiculously slow...and no need for it.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Perkins Restaurant & Bakery
Ranked #60 of 82 Restaurants in Mason City
Cuisines: American
Jackson, Mississippi
“Ridiculously slow...and no need for it.”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Came in on a Tuesday morning around 10AM for a late breakfast. There were about 12 tables being served...by ONE, older waitress. She was running herself ragged doing everything: drinks, orders, food, bussing, etc. There were three other employees there doing nothing but cashing folks out. I can't complain about the waitress because she did everything she could, but the staffing here was a mess! It took nearly an hour to get my omelette. The food was so-so, but the management needs to straighten out the staff issue. Why should one older lady run herself to death when there are three young woman standing around doing nothing???

The food was overpriced for the portion, but I left a nice tip for the super-lady who was running the restaurant by herself!

• Visited June 2013

Meservey, Iowa, United States
“Family time”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We had a 3 + family birthday/thanksgiving diner here. Staff kept us happy and we didn't have to wait too long for food. Plus the food tastes homemade. Definitely going back again.

Visited November 2012
Saint Ansgar, Iowa
“Very good home style food.”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I love perkins and their bakery it smells really good when you walk into the restaurant. Really good food for the money really good breakfast.

Davenport, Iowa
“Excellent Response to Complaint”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

My friend and I were traveling for a business event and ate at Perkin's on a Friday evening. Our service was less than stellar and I complained online to Perkins. I received a call the next day from the manager, and Sunday morning we were treated to a full and fabulous breakfast on the house! Along with profuse apologies and a very friendly staff--now THAT'S the way to repond to a customer complaint! They have made a client for life...oh, and the food is great, too. Best bacon and blueberry muffin EVER.

• Visited October 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Empty restaurant and still incredibly slow”
Reviewed April 2, 2012

The food was fine -- when we got it. The place was empty on Sunday night about 7pm and we were seated immediately. Then the wait began. We were completely ignored for a full 10 minutes and there were uncleared tables all around us. There were only 3 other couples in the dining room. I have no idea where the staff was hiding out. We waited another 20 minutes for our food to arrive... pancakes and eggs don't take that long. The food was hot and tasty, the usual Perkins fare. But I won't return to this particular Perkins because the service was unacceptable. No apologies or explanation for the wait.

Visited April 2012