“Usually good, but recently disappointed” 4 of 5 bubbles

Add it.
L D's Filling Station
Ranked #43 of 81 Restaurants in Mason City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
“Usually good, but recently disappointed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Typically, I would be visiting on a weekend and would enjoy the buffet and average service. The buffet includes typical breakfast buffet items (eggs w cheese, biscuits, sausage, etc) and has always been pretty tasty. The atmosphere is cozy and fits a face-paced Sunday buffet theme.

Recently, however, I visited on a Friday morning and was disappointed with the lack of service to the point where we left before being seated. My boyfriend and I stood awkwardly in the doorway (there is no where to wait to be seated) and were "greeted" by a server about 3 minuted in. She appeared rushed and said, "How many?" We responded "just two" and she hurried away. Our thought was she, or somebody, anybody would have come back and either taken us to a seat in the back room (the front room was full), informed us we could eat at the bar, or informed us of the estimated wait time.

Instead, we continued to wait in the doorway, almost hovering as we watched others eat, waiting for a response. We left after about 10 minutes of standing and waiting. I do not believe that we would have been forgotten about as we were very noticeable. I understand that they were busy, but as a potential customer I didn't appreciate the lack of consideration for our time.

Bottom line: good food, usually good service, but the recent disappointing experience left a bad taste in my mouth.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Clive, Iowa, United States
“Great place to eat for a low price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Friendly, great food at a great price. My brother and mother go there every morning for breakfast and they love the friendly staff and constant refills of coffee. When I visit from Des Moines, I always make sure I stop by for breakfast as well.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Springville
“Don't judge by the outside”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

When we drove up we were worried about eating there because it kind of looked like a dump, not to mention it was super hard to find...we felt like we were driving to Noman's Land going past all the businesses...but once we found it and went in we were happy. It was cute inside and there ended up being a cute little breakfast buffet that 3 of s got. They loved it. I got an omelet and that was good too. If we lived in the area we would definitely go back again!

• Visited August 2012