“1910 Grille”

1910 Grille
Ranked #1 of 86 Restaurants in Mason City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: This fine dining experience combines the vintage appeal of early Prairie School design with a modern flair for cuisine. Try our formal or informal dining room, or perhaps an evening on the balcony suits your interests? We also have a Wine Room, and, by special arrangement, you and your guests can experience the Chef's Table.
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We loved the service first of all. A great meal starts with great service...it sets the tone...so...then the food...everything we ordered was excellent. The chef is not so crazy about chocolate I hear but, I'm hoping that the fact that we stayed in the Historic Park Inn Hotel for the chocolate desert will change his mind in a big way.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

First I'll be frank- I am a kid. I'm 14 and from New York City, so I'm pretty use to good food, yet this place still managed to surprise me. The waiter was very nice and gave us free refills of lemonade, and when I asked for a slight change in one of the meals she said sure and asked me about anything else I Asked me about anything else I'd like to change. And as I was leaving she complimented me on my shoes and it was very nice. The prices were a bit high end, (at about 18-21 per entree), but well worth it. Overall 5 stars, great for kids too!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Relaxed atmosphere, great food, worth a detour. Had the mushroom risotto and it was delicious. Service was excellent and very friendly. An unexpected delight!

Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

We were really looking forward to enjoying 1910 Griile on our second stay in mason city. The restaurant is beautiful and the staff is very good. The food is good but rather uneven. Too much is the main critique. Too much dressing on the salad, too much salt in the risotto and too much risotto on the plate. The accompanying duck however was outstanding. The romaine salad was piled so high with cheese and sundried tomatoes that it toppled over when I tried to eat it. The shrimp fra diavolo which my companion ordered was excellent. The tiramisu was delicious. Wine list was quite good. I will definitely eat here again when next in town but would recommend a "less is more" approach for the chef and his staff.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

This restaurant is on par with the best I have eaten at in New York, DC, and Minneapolis. The house salad surpassed the one I had at Landmarc as my favorite of all time. The lemon risotto is out of this world.