“Surprisingly good for a small town- if you're nearby, believe the reviews and check it out!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of 1910 Grille

1910 Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
1910 Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 81 Restaurants in Mason City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: This fine dining experience combines the vintage appeal of early Prairie School design with a modern flair for cuisine. Try our formal or informal dining room, or perhaps an evening on the balcony suits your interests? We also have a Wine Room, and, by special arrangement, you and your guests can experience the Chef's Table.
Reviewed March 26, 2013

First I'll be frank- I am a kid. I'm 14 and from New York City, so I'm pretty use to good food, yet this place still managed to surprise me. The waiter was very nice and gave us free refills of lemonade, and when I asked for a slight change in one of the meals she said sure and asked me about anything else I Asked me about anything else I'd like to change. And as I was leaving she complimented me on my shoes and it was very nice. The prices were a bit high end, (at about 18-21 per entree), but well worth it. Overall 5 stars, great for kids too!

“Surprisingly good for the location.”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Relaxed atmosphere, great food, worth a detour. Had the mushroom risotto and it was delicious. Service was excellent and very friendly. An unexpected delight!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good but a bit uneven. Could benefit from adopting a less is more approach”
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

We were really looking forward to enjoying 1910 Griile on our second stay in mason city. The restaurant is beautiful and the staff is very good. The food is good but rather uneven. Too much is the main critique. Too much dressing on the salad, too much salt in the risotto and too much risotto on the plate. The accompanying duck however was outstanding. The romaine salad was piled so high with cheese and sundried tomatoes that it toppled over when I tried to eat it. The shrimp fra diavolo which my companion ordered was excellent. The tiramisu was delicious. Wine list was quite good. I will definitely eat here again when next in town but would recommend a "less is more" approach for the chef and his staff.

River Falls, Wisconsin
“How is this in Mason City?”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

This restaurant is on par with the best I have eaten at in New York, DC, and Minneapolis. The house salad surpassed the one I had at Landmarc as my favorite of all time. The lemon risotto is out of this world.

Visited March 2013
Saint Ansgar, Iowa
“Loved everything!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We ate there just this weekend and we ordered an appetizer, meals and dessert. We loved all of it. We had the cold grilled shrimp appetizer. I had an Asian Shrimp couscous and my husband had the red deer sausage meal. They were both superb and actually complimented each other well. We finished with the chocolate molten cake and it was divine. A great atmosphere tops off the experience. I highly recommend this to any local as well as those traveling through Mason City!

• Visited March 2013