“Great fresh food!”

Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
“Great fresh food!”
Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

I am gluten free and the food was Awesome!! Service was great and everyone was very friendly...morning glory muffin and grilled cheese...all GF :)

1 Thank jtrainer7

Ames, Iowa
“Sunday Brunch has limited menu”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We stopped here for Sunday breakfast (9am) since it was near our hotel. The decor is cute and has a decidedly a farm feel (local food). We were handed a brunch menu, which had about 8 options, most of which were savory or had meat in them. I like a sweet, carbo-loaded breakfast when I eat out, and the only option was a belgian waffle (which I happen to love). My husband got biscuits and gravy, but he was really hoping for something simpler like eggs and toast or a pancake. My husband ordered fresh orange juice, which I saw the waitress make behind the counter. It was great!

Upon looking at the website, I see that they generally have a more expanded menu that would have been good for breakfast (cinnamon rolls, scones, oatmeal), but this was not included in the menu given to us that day.

I like the idea of this place, and I hope they expand or adjust their menu.

• Visited July 2012
Palm Springs, California
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Since we were in the area on a Saturday, we decided to stop for breakfast at The Garden Cafe. Although the menus was small, only 5 items, everything was made from scratch. My friend had the omlet with fresh veggies & cheese. It came with a fruit cup (fresh) and homemade bread toast. He said it was delicious. I had the corned beef hash. It, too, was made from scratch. No canned hash. I, too, was pleased.
Yes, the help was young, but the cooks were not. I say give it a try. Saturday's breakfasts can be ethnic so we are going back for the Swedish pancakes next week. Sunday champagne breakfast is also served.

• Visited July 2012
Batesville, Arkansas
“Apparently too complicated?”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

My husband and I were told this was a good option for local food with healthy ingredients so we felt like this was going to be a great choice. We walked in and the girl at the counter asked us if we had ever eaten there before. When I told her no, she rolled her eyes, turned around and put some things down and returned to wait on us. When I told her we didn't have to eat there if it was a problem, she said no and then explained there were things she needed to explain since we had not previously eaten there. She apologized for what she had done and was friendly as she went through the long explanations of what we needed to do to fill out the form to order. Although we were pleased with our food, this was an obvious turn off to a new customer. If the menu is indeed so complicated that she dreads telling customers, she needs to work elsewhere or realize this is part of her job. Very disappointing.

• Visited June 2012
duchessmellie
“Lunch time favorite”
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Great place for homebaked desserts. Great soups and daily specials. Love their meatloaf on Tuesdays (I think they have the meatloaf on Tuesdays)..

• Visited May 2012