“Decent hotel, ok value” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Mason City
Chicago, Illinois
“Decent hotel, ok value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

My family and I stayed here overnight through our travels and had a very good night of rest.
Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful, though the hotel itself shows some signs of age.
The blower in the bathroom was not working, and the water from the shower head not
coming off as strong as it should. Hot breakfast was good, with a generous variety;
price for night of stay was OK. Overall, a decent hotel and stay.

Room Tip: If you would like a good night of sleep, mention it to the hotel receptionist when you book -- we w...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Waterloo, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

This is a nice, clean, up-to-date hotel. The staff is friendly and there are always cookies and coffee at the front desk! I have not had the continental breakfast and therefore cannot comment on it. The price is very reasonable - my king suite was only $111/night (negotiated rate). I will definitely stay here when I visit Mason City again next summer!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GMMASONCITY, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mason City, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for your review on your recent stay. We appreciate all comments and I will pass your comments on to the staff. We hope to see you on your next visit to Mason City.
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

I really like Country Inn and Suites as a chain, and I had a nice stay at this one in Mason City. Clean, quiet, spacious king bed room. I slept comfortably and have no complaints. I've stayed at this hotel twice in the past couple years, and I will likely stay here again next time I travel through.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
GMMASONCITY, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mason City, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again as your travels bring you our way.
Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our daughter booked two nights here, two rooms over the 4th of July weekend. Very nice place. Friendly and courteous staff. Free breakfast was awesome. Different items on the breakfast offering each morning. I'd definitley stay here again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
GMMASONCITY, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mason City, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. I will advise the staff of your comments and we hope to see you and your family on your next trip to our area.
Shakopee, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

I booked 3 rooms for a family get together, the manager was extremely helpful with helping me get all of the rooms together. When we arrived everything was clean and very nice. Our stay was very uneventful as far as the rooms go, everything was clean, comfortable, quiet - just perfect. Breakfast was good the next morning. We would for sure book there again when/if in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
New London, Mn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stopped there just as a snowstorm was coming in.
After 6" of snow one of the employees shoveled the snow from
around my car the next morning when we left. I have never had this happen before.
Like all CIS I have stayed at the rooms are clean and have comfortable beds.
Great breakfast. Will definitely stop there again on our trips
to visit grandchildren.
This hotel is off the interstate about 5 miles so the rooms were also quite.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMMASONCITY, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mason City, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. Yes, it was quite a storm and we were more than pleased to help you out of the parking lot. Between the snow removal company and my employees, we were busy most of the day Monday moving snow and digging cars out. Thankfully for those who were travelling, the roads were passable by mid day. Thank you for choosing us and we hope to see you again when you travel through our area.
Plymouth, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Mason City Country Inn & Suites. Room was clean & quiet, but bathroom needed a touch of grace as room shown some wear & tear and any repairs looked rather sloppy. A well stock warm breakfast was offered in the morning and appreciated that they used glass rather than the plastic cups that many places use now days. Had a nice chat with manager in the morning & he provided us with directions to help us in our way.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Scotty M
GMMASONCITY, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mason City, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for you kind response. We always appreciate feedback from our guests. Your comments about breakfast are well taken and I will pass your comments on to my breakfast staff. We look forward to returning in the future and hope you will choose us when you stop.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mason City
#2 of 8 in Clear Lake
Super 8 Clear Lake
Super 8 Clear Lake
#5 of 8 in Clear Lake

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mason City? Share your experiences!