Super 8 Mason City
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Quality Inn & Suites(Mason City)(Great Value!)
$115
$63
$90
Priceline
$106
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewshot tubmake your own wafflesvisiting familyrestaurants and shoppingfront desk clerkbiscuits gravywould definitely stay here againgreat place to staythe breakfast areamotelmartysuper8proteinrefrigeratoria
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Our family of 5 has stayed here 2-3 times per year for many years. The rooms are clean, plenty of hot water, the beds are good. Our kids always enjoy the pool, though small, and our 9-year-old specifically asked we stay there so she can have morning waffles. Price is reasonable. For those wanting 2 queens, I suggest you request a room in the middle of the building, since these are about 6 feet longer for extra space. I would like to see their check-in process move a bit quicker, even if reserved in advance.

Room Tip: For those wanting 2 queens, I suggest you request a room in the middle of the building, since these are about 6 feet longer for extra space.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 3, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2013

When we arrived at the motel we weren't expecting to have to wait over 1/2 hr to check in!! It was busy and the lobby was full of people just waiting to go to their rooms. When I finally made it to the desk they got me checked in but I still had to wait until our room was ready because the maid was behind. On the plus side...the guy checking us in was working hard...well, one of them. There was an older one and a younger one. The younger one kept going back and forth to the breakfast room making coffee for those that were waiting, running upstairs to check and see if rooms were ready, and then running back downstairs to check more people in...while the older guy just stood there behind the counter. I waited patiently inside as my family was getting a little less patient outside...but finally we got to go to our room.

Once we got in...we were happy. The room was nice and big and clean. The A/C worked great (a little too well maybe, haha...but that made mom happy). We thought there was supposed to be a frige and micro and we didn't have one...would've been nice...glad it was only one night without.

We didn't get a chance to use the pool and didn't have breakfast because it looked pretty small and it was busy so we went out to eat.

In the morning my dad and Grandpa were packing the car and I heard someone doing something with the door and the maid walked in without knocking!! I was still laying in bed watching TV. She was like oh sorry I thought you guys left. I wasn't happy with that. It's a thing called privacy!!

But overall it was a nice one night stay. If we were in town for anything again I'd probably stay there.

Room Tip: Make sure there is a fridge and micro...it is advertised
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family