“Not a good experience” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Mason City

Super 8 Mason City
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Mason City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Springville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

When we arrived at the motel we weren't expecting to have to wait over 1/2 hr to check in!! It was busy and the lobby was full of people just waiting to go to their rooms. When I finally made it to the desk they got me checked in but I still had to wait until our room was ready because the maid was behind. On the plus side...the guy checking us in was working hard...well, one of them. There was an older one and a younger one. The younger one kept going back and forth to the breakfast room making coffee for those that were waiting, running upstairs to check and see if rooms were ready, and then running back downstairs to check more people in...while the older guy just stood there behind the counter. I waited patiently inside as my family was getting a little less patient outside...but finally we got to go to our room.

Once we got in...we were happy. The room was nice and big and clean. The A/C worked great (a little too well maybe, haha...but that made mom happy). We thought there was supposed to be a frige and micro and we didn't have one...would've been nice...glad it was only one night without.

We didn't get a chance to use the pool and didn't have breakfast because it looked pretty small and it was busy so we went out to eat.

In the morning my dad and Grandpa were packing the car and I heard someone doing something with the door and the maid walked in without knocking!! I was still laying in bed watching TV. She was like oh sorry I thought you guys left. I wasn't happy with that. It's a thing called privacy!!

But overall it was a nice one night stay. If we were in town for anything again I'd probably stay there.

Room Tip: Make sure there is a fridge and micro...it is advertised
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 stars
OMAHA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stay at this hotel multiple times a year, since it opened several years back, and usually have a great experience. Not so with this last stay. Dirty room. Phone off the hook. TV didn't work, Room seemed dirty. I went downstairs and requested another room. No apology, no questions, but I did get another room.
Not sure I'll be back.

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Travelers are raving about these Mason City hotels

Saint Paul, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here one night on a weekend. Didn't make a reservation but rooms were available. I was a little skeptical about staying at a Super 8 but this place was great. Rooms were very clean and included a huge recliner and new flat screen tv. The pool was also a big plus. The beds were ok...pillows a little uncomfortable but that's minor. Breakfast in the morning was standard. The whole place is nonsmoking and smells like fresh laundry. I would definitely stay here again if traveling through the area.

• Stayed November 2012
Super 8 Clear Lake
#7 of 8 in Clear Lake
3.0 of 5 stars 211 reviews
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Clear Lake

Been to Super 8 Mason City? Share your experiences!