“Pleasant Atmosphere, Good Food”
Review of Chop - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Iowa
“Pleasant Atmosphere, Good Food”
Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

I had Chicken Marsala and my husband the Smoked Pork Chops. Salads were very good with many of the salad dressings made from scratch. The chicken had a different texture--at first I didn't think it was done, but no hint of any pink. It was good but I have had better. My husband's pork chops were covered with sauteed apples and onions. Very good. Misunderstood that the side he picked was not included so we were charged $5 for the asparagus that we thought came with the meal. Didn't notice until we got into the car so let it go. Atmosphere was pleasant. Prices were a little higher than we are used to paying, but overall we enjoyed it.

Mason City, Iowa
“Love Chop!”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

We always love going to chop. We have been there several times. It is always good and the service is fine.

• Visited April 2013
Mason City, Iowa
“Special occasions”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We enjoy this finer restaurant for special occasions. Perfectly seasoned, nice sized portions, and displayed beautifully. The wait staff is very attentive. The menu selection is more than adequate from fish to pork to tender cuts of beef.

• Visited March 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
“Great steak, rip-off dessert”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I was in town for work and like to try different local places. I had read reviews of Chop and decided I was in the mood for a steak. The fillet was delicious and the Greek sauce with it was amazing. I would recommend soaking the fresh bread in the sauce too. The salad was ok and baked potato dry, so would try a different side if there is a next time. I ordered the chocolate cake to go and the box was so light, I had to look to see if they forgot to put my cake in it. They had, but it was the tiniest, slimmest piece of cake ever. It was good, but worth about 50 cents, not the $9 I paid for it. Atomosphere was fine, but I was there on a cold Monday evening, so can't say how it would be on a weekend. The waitress was nice, but was more interested in her friends at the table next to me than re-filling my drink or taking away my plates.

• Visited February 2014
Mason City, IA
“Family enjoyed it here”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

The staff is very friendly and accomodating. My daughter loves the decor and the food was very reasonably priced. Happy hour menu is a great deal and portions very filling. We will be coming back here for sure!

• Visited November 2013