Ditto on everything the other reviewers said. This hotel is a "must stay" for any Wright enthusiast. The attention to historic detail and quality of the restoration gets an A+. Take the hotel tour available on weekends only ($5). All the 4-star hotel amenities are there. Only one suggestion for the Park management: have the restaurant open on Sunday for brunch and dinner. With many of the other downtown restaurants closed on Sunday, we were forced to the shopping strip outside of town for Sunday brunch and dinner. Too bad, we would have loved to try the Inn restaurant which looked great! Kudos to the not-for-profit Board of Trustees who made the restoration happen. They have given a priceless gift to Mason City! PPS, Mason City also boasts the largest collection of significant, historic prairie style homes outside of Oak Park, IL. The Stockman House, only a few blocks away, is open for tours ($10) and is quite a gem in and of itself. The new Visitor Center next door is wonderful too!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Historic Park Inn Hotel, together with City National Bank, of Mason City Iowa were designed by American architect Frank Lloyd Wright as a dual purpose building and completed in 1910. The design greatly influenced architecture in Europe and is as striking today as it ever was. The Park Inn Hotel is the last Wright designed hotel in the world, and has undergone a nearly 20 million renovation; the restoration of the distinctive brick and terra-cotta façade as well as art glass windows has restored the Prairie School building to a functional hotel. The interior, while renovated into a contemporary hotel, has public areas and guest rooms restored as closely to Wright's design as possible. Art glass and much else designed by Wright remains. Public area furnishings are period-style and include reproduction Robie House Lights, reproductions of the Mercury statues Richard Bock and Wright designed for the bank, and reproductions of the barrel chairs Wright designed for the bank directors' room. We invite you to come and stay with us in the center of the many area attractions Mason City has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Historic Park Inn Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Historic Park Hotel Mason City
- Historic Park Inn Hotel Mason City, Iowa