“Great Choice” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Marshalltown
El Paso, Texas
“Great Choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

I recently stayed over a three day period. I cannot say enough good things about the hotel from the staff to the rooms. The staff members that I encountered were all very friendly and helpful. The hotel itself is very well maintained allowing for great curb appeal; once inside it is the same. The room was very clean with numerous amenities and the cost is unrivaled! The hotel is close enough to the main roadways for easy access but far enough so that you are not bothered by traffic noise. The continental breakfast is just enough to get your day started and is available until 0930. You can't go wrong with choosing to stay here! Thank you.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Shawn G, Owner at Motel 6 Marshalltown, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
That is excellent, Alan! These great reviews really motivate our entire team to aim even higher. Please stop and stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Burlington, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

I found this Inn six months ago and have stayed 3-4 days out of every week since then for work. Their price was the best in town for all the amenities offered. I love the continental breakfast they offer every morning, and the rooms are extra clean and very comfortable. The staff is one of the best I have ever met, and they all go the extra mile to make sure your stay is a pleasant experience. Hats off to the manager Nick Rhoades and his staff...This is a great place to stay!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Shawn G, Owner at Motel 6 Marshalltown, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind review, Christine! We wish you well and hope you stop back to say hello. I know the staff were really fond of you.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I've stopped here twice on 2 different long road trips. The price was definitely right but more importantly the room was cleaner than the average budget hotel. I have found the staff including Nick Rhoades, the Manager to be helpful and friendly. I would highly recommend you check this place out....great location just off the freeway!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nick R, General Manager at Motel 6 Marshalltown, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
These types of reviews make my week! I guarantee every bit of feedback we receive on TripAdvisor is passed on to the entire staff. When we get reviews such as this, it is my pleasure to pat the entire crew on the back. When we are alerted to areas where we can improve, we very thoughtfully use the information provided so we can only go UP! Thank you to our Dallas friend. Please visit again!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stay here 3 days a week about 50 weeks a year the whole staff makes me feel welcome. Every stay is like coming homefrom the friendly staff greetings to coffee and breakfast on the run. Rooms are always clean and comfortable, if anything is ever out of place they bend over backwards to make it right.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nick R, General Manager at Motel 6 Marshalltown, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dave, thank you for such a great review! You've been coming here long before I started managing this property. We appreciate your continued patronage. Many faces have not changed around here over the years; clearly, the people are who make the difference. I suspect I'll see you this week and will express my gratitude in person. Thanks again!
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Was in town for business for a couple of weeks. The rates and local were perfect, very quiet and comfortable hotel was able to utilize wifi for any in room work I did on a nightly basis. Manager Nick gave a good personable feel and greeted guest by there last names whenever passing through the lobby. Manager or staff always available at front desk and my house keeper I believe her name was Rosa always left my room like it was my first day checking in.
Thank you All for the Hospitality.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Nick R, General Manager at Motel 6 Marshalltown, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Luis, it was a pleasure having you as our guest. Please come visit us again! I hope you had safe travels back to Boston!
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

A little too downscale for our taste. We were in town for one night and decided to go low budget and book here, but the room was pretty spartan (with the gross flowered bedspreads that you wonder if they're ever washed) and the continental breakfast subpar. The am desk clerk didn't even look up when we walked in or out and didn't ask how things were when we checked out.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Nick R, General Manager at Motel 6 Marshalltown, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We cannot improve if we do not have feedback such as yours, so I'm very grateful. Indeed, I assure you our bedspreads are regularly washed... but I also agree that they are somewhat dated. We are looking into new, more contemporary bedspreads. We strive to make sure we are the BEST VALUE in town while not sacrificing cleanliness or service. I apologize if you did not receive the courteous service at check-out that you deserve. I assure you, that is not typical. Please contact me if you would like to offer more in-depth comments about your stay. Thank you for your comments!

Travelers are raving about these Marshalltown hotels

North Muskegon, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

I work on a road crew and live in motels during the summer. Manager Nick and his staff were outstanding and very accommodating. Excellent rates and clean, quiet, comfortable room. I highly recommend this as a must stay motel when in the Marshalltown area. Thanks Nick!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
EXCELLENT!! Thank you so much for taking time to complete a review of our property. We hope you stop again when you're in the Marshalltown area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marshalltown
Baymont Inn & Suites Marshalltown
#4 of 11 in Marshalltown
Tremont Inn On Main
Tremont Inn On Main
#2 of 11 in Marshalltown

Been to Motel 6 Marshalltown? Share your experiences!