Motel 6 Marshalltown
$75
$45
Colonial Motel(Marshalltown)
$35
Tremont Inn On Main(Marshalltown)
$134
Travelocity
Executive Inn(Marshalltown)
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stay here 3 days a week about 50 weeks a year the whole staff makes me feel welcome. Every stay is like coming homefrom the friendly staff greetings to coffee and breakfast on the run. Rooms are always clean and comfortable, if anything is ever out of place they bend over backwards to make it right.

• Stayed: January 2013
Nick R, General Manager at Motel 6 Marshalltown, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dave, thank you for such a great review! You've been coming here long before I started managing this property. We appreciate your continued patronage. Many faces have not changed around here over the years; clearly, the people are who make the difference. I suspect I'll see you this week and will express my gratitude in person. Thanks again!

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Was in town for business for a couple of weeks. The rates and local were perfect, very quiet and comfortable hotel was able to utilize wifi for any in room work I did on a nightly basis. Manager Nick gave a good personable feel and greeted guest by there last names whenever passing through the lobby. Manager or staff always available at front desk and my house keeper I believe her name was Rosa always left my room like it was my first day checking in.
Thank you All for the Hospitality.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Nick R, General Manager at Motel 6 Marshalltown, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Luis, it was a pleasure having you as our guest. Please come visit us again! I hope you had safe travels back to Boston!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

A little too downscale for our taste. We were in town for one night and decided to go low budget and book here, but the room was pretty spartan (with the gross flowered bedspreads that you wonder if they're ever washed) and the continental breakfast subpar. The am desk clerk didn't even look up when we walked in or out and didn't ask how things were when we checked out.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Nick R, General Manager at Motel 6 Marshalltown, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We cannot improve if we do not have feedback such as yours, so I'm very grateful. Indeed, I assure you our bedspreads are regularly washed... but I also agree that they are somewhat dated. We are looking into new, more contemporary bedspreads. We strive to make sure we are the BEST VALUE in town while not sacrificing cleanliness or service. I apologize if you did not receive the courteous service at check-out that you deserve. I assure you, that is not typical. Please contact me if you would like to offer more in-depth comments about your stay. Thank you for your comments!

Reviewed October 13, 2012

I work on a road crew and live in motels during the summer. Manager Nick and his staff were outstanding and very accommodating. Excellent rates and clean, quiet, comfortable room. I highly recommend this as a must stay motel when in the Marshalltown area. Thanks Nick!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

EXCELLENT!! Thank you so much for taking time to complete a review of our property. We hope you stop again when you're in the Marshalltown area.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I've read the other reviews on this property. I can only assume two of them (iowatraveler221 & grossedout51560) were written prior to Manager Nick Rhoades' arrival. My experience: Room and accommodations clean and serviced regularly... manager offered competitive weekly rate...staff trained to cater to the needs of the extended-stay traveler...and ideal location near major roads, highways, stores, restaurants and mall. I will not hesitate to stay there again with Manager Nick Rhoades and his supportive staff there on duty.

Room Tip: Ask for Nick when you inquire...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

You're too kind! This hotel is made up of an excellent TEAM of individuals. It was a pleasure having you as our guest.