“Hotel is disguisting!”

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Marshalltown
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Hotel is disguisting!”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Where to begin...to start things off they screwed up and gave me one bed instead of two. I had to pay an additional $20.00 and the manager was always to busy to talk to me. Our room was horrible! The bed sheets were stained with grease, had fresh stains and lots of hair on them. The carpet in our room had not been vaccumed. We found pills on the floor and food all over them. We had to buy two air freshners for our room...we stayed in a non smoking room and its smelled like rotten food. When we came back to the room after supper we were greated by dirty men drinking beer outside the hotel doors. My daughter complained several times that bugs were bitting her. When we got home she had red dots all over her legs and arms. The breakfast is a joke! I will never stay there again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank grossedout51560
Nick R, General Manager at Motel 6 Marshalltown, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
I am extremely sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. As I said in a previous review, my position was created to make a manager more available to guests with issues such as yours. I started at this property four days after you posted this review. I assure you, we have made many improvements in the housekeeping department -- most notably, we hired a very experienced head housekeeper who is doing an incredible job. You definitely should not have been charged extra for a change in your room type; if you would contact me, I'd be happy to take a look at your bill with you. We have also added items to our breakfast. We pride ourselves on being a GREAT value, while also maintaining high standards of cleanliness and providing friendly service. I apologize if we fell short for you. Please stay with us again and see the differences.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
California
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Bed bugs! That should say it all. I have been trying to get my money back for the few days I stayed there and the manager/owner has been dogging my calls. I will be in town this week and will stop by and hopefully talk to him in person. I would rather sleep in my car or under the stars than sleep in this bug infested place again. My next stop will be the BBB of Iowa.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank jjchbca
I wish I could speak with you about your experience. I say with 100% certainty and honesty that we are free of any of the problems you cite. We have regular, monthly pest control with a very reputable company. With regards to your difficulty speaking with the owner, I sincerely apologize. I assure you no one was trying to avoid you; the owner was managing the property previously and created my position so that we can respond to every guest promptly and to ensure satisfaction. I deeply apologize this didn't happen for you. If you have a moment, feel free to contact the property so I may discuss your comments with you. I'm sincerely grateful for your feedback.

Travelers are raving about these Marshalltown hotels

New Berlin, WI
Reviewed July 2, 2012 via mobile

When we arrived, the remote and air conditioner in the room did not work. When we reported it the desk clerk offered us a room on the second floor which we did not really want since we had requested. A handicapped room so we would be on the ground floor. The other clerk offered an upgrade to a king room on the ground fllor which was appreciated.

There was something orange stuck on the bedspread, don't know what, probably better that way. The tub leaked and there was about an inch of water in the tub and the sink faucet leaked. When we told the morning clerk, she disn't apologize however she did say she would leave a note.

As stated back from the highway so no road noise.

All in all not too bad for the price.

• Stayed July 2012
I apologize for any issues you encountered while staying with us. We are continuing training of the front desk staff and are really focusing on BOLD service. We have a new head housekeeper who is superb as well as a newer, permanent maintenance person to address issues such as the ones you encountered. Please stop back and see how your stay today compares with July. Thank you for your comments!
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Stayed here one night. Front desk clerk was friendly. Very basic, bare bones. Television didn't work. One of the windows of another room outside apparently had been kicked in or broken. Didn't feel too secure. Breakfast was cereal, that's it. Cheap price, but a little sketchy for my taste. Had a microwave and refrigerator which was a nice touch for the price.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
I am a new general manager at this property as of September 1st. I appreciate all of the feedback received on TripAdvisor. We have made great strides to make improvements to the property and are continuing to improve. We did have a couple of broken windows which have been replaced. We have added items to our breakfast (have always had toast, honey buns, cereals, milk, juice, etc.)... We will always be the best value in Marshalltown without sacrificing service or cleanliness. I give my word that if a problem is brought to my attention, I will do everything in my power to make it right!
Iowa
Reviewed September 11, 2011

We stayed 1 night on a weekend. Our Room was ready for an early afternoon check in and was clean and met basic hotel requirements. Staff was friendly and courteous! Bed was comfortable.

Room Tip: Make sure to sign up for the Americas Best Value Membershihp Rewards Program to save a few bucks on...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Staying on the cheap to play in a tournament in Marshalltown.

Rooms are usually pretty clean, but I had a major issue with the tv remote, as in, none would work. We got 4 replacement remotes, each with new batteries but to no avail. Fairly quiet place, and at a good price. Friendly staff, and close enough to downtown. In a previous stay, they also had an issue with the toilet, but they switched rooms with no hassle. In all, not a bad place, and when I return I'll come back. The rooms are a bit dated, but that doesn't bother me.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
West Allis, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 26, 2010

Stayed on a Saturday night during Iowa State Fair and was concerned about what kind of hotel we would get in a recessed economy for $55 a night. The answer? Quite a nice one.

This is by no means a Sheraton, but the bed was comfortable, the air conditioning and TV worked, there was a microwave and fridge in the room and the bathroom was in good condition (not withstanding the stupid low-flow showerhead.)

Overall for a one night stay on a trip in which I was choosing to spend my money on other activites, I was very happy at this property.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marshalltown
Comfort Inn Marshalltown
Designer Inn and Suites
Best Western Regency Inn
Best Western Regency Inn
#3 of 11 in Marshalltown

Been to Motel 6 Marshalltown? Share your experiences!