“Great experience at Regency Inn”

Best Western Regency Inn
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Marshalltown
BLAINE
“Great experience at Regency Inn”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is probably one of the best experiences I have had at a motel. The check in went flawlessly, the room was clean, large and comfortable. The check out was as expected. I would recommend this motel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
St. Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Stayed here in June 2013. Easy to find and easy access to the hwy. Restaurants within walking distance. Room was large and seemed clean. Large Pool area. Room was quiet. It served its purpose for an overnight but I wouldn't stay for any longer than that. Free breakfast was adequate. All in all everything was just okay, nothing special, nothing horrible. The only thing to note was that on my bill I was charged extra for the use of a safe. I contested that I hadn't asked for the safe nor had I used it and they took the charge off the bill. Watch out for this!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Moravia, Iowa
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This is an okay Best Western. The halls smelled smokey and there is some remodeling going on I guess. My room had nice decor and was clean. Bed wasn't the comfiest I have had at a BW. Fridge and microwave. Wall hairdryer. The usual stuff. The cup coffee maker is always nice to have- I just wish the coffee woudl ahve been good. It was terrible from the room so I didn't try the stuff at breakfast. I went to Starbucks at Hy-Vee (Tuesday was a dollar off a latte or cappucino). Breakfast was ok. No hot water for my oatmeal so I used water from MY OWN water bottle then microwaved it. They have a fitness room now- but now sanitizer or towels to wipe down machines. No hand sanitizer in the room. No remote for TV- luckily I was able to reach it. No water cooler in the room. BUT, good machines. Two ellipticals, a treadmill and a bike. There was also one of the big all in one weight pully machines (dated, but does the trick). Not much else to say, statyed for work. It has a restaurant connected to it with specials.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Eden Prairie
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Excellent accommodations for 170 Red Hatters. Needs were quickly taken care of quickly. Food delicious was and hot. when appropriate. Friendly atmosphere. Nice pool area. Generous breakfast was served with many options!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed June 7, 2013

This hotel is undergoing some renovations but still has a ways to go. They have painted most of the indoor areas and have done a good job of it. The rooms are spacious and were clean for the most part. There were some brightly colored pieced of candy under the dresser and TV desk that were in plain sight but were missed each day by housekeeping. With that said, the rest of the room and bathroom were cleaned well. Upon checkout, I did report the safety bar in the shower and the hair dryer were both coming out of the wall. These items, in my opinion, should have been turned in by housekeeping and repaired. The key card reader on the hallway door leading from the lobby hallway area to the room hallway didn't work so anyone could walk right through. We were originaly given a room on the second floor but was told the hotel had no elevator. I asked if there was a room available on the first floor and we were given one with no problems.

On a positive note, the entire staff was very friendly and helpful. The lobby area, hallways etc were very clean and in great order. The breakfast was one of the better I've had. Both mornings we ate at the hotel there were fresh biscuts, gravy, eggs and sausage. They also had the standard fare of waffles, cereal etc.

This could be a very nice hotel with a little more work. Given the cost and my experience this time, I would stay here again when in the area.

Room Tip: Hotel has no elevator so if you don't like carrying suitcases up steps, ask for first floor room
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TerMar1981
Indiana
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We chose to stay here because it was dog-friendly and AAA rated it 3 diamonds. The facility is older and going through remodeling. Unfortunately, we were put in a first floor room that has not been done yet. Some of the furniture was as old as Methuselah. Chairs badly stained. The room and bathroom were clean though. We were near a back door that was constantly being left unlocked. Although we were in a non-smoking section, someone a few doors down was smoking and the stench in the hallway was so heavy that I had to use an inhaler. The receptionist offered to move us, but my husband was already asleep as it was 10:30 PM and I was OK as long as I was in the room. Damage had already been done. The day manager gave us a 10% discount, and the night clerk sprayed the hallway. I felt that they could have been more diligent in finding the smoking culprit but did not seem that interested in doing so. The breakfast was OK, nothing great. No bagels, yogurt or fresh fruit. Two hot items were lukewarm and there is no free coffee available 24/7. It was our least favorite place of the six motels we had stayed throughout our two week trip. Pool did not seem operational as there was construction materials stored against the wall. One enjoyable note was that there were several Ducks Unlimited prints hanging in one hallway. Bottom line is that we should have never chosen to stay at a place that still has smoking rooms and that there were probably better choices in town for the same price. Would not stay again.

Room Tip: If you stay there, ask to be placed on the second floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marshalltown
Hampton Inn & Suites Marshalltown
Motel 6 Marshalltown
Motel 6 Marshalltown
#7 of 11 in Marshalltown
Comfort Inn & Suites Grinnell

Been to Best Western Regency Inn? Share your experiences!