This hotel is undergoing some renovations but still has a ways to go. They have painted most of the indoor areas and have done a good job of it. The rooms are spacious and were clean for the most part. There were some brightly colored pieced of candy under the dresser and TV desk that were in plain sight but were missed each day by housekeeping. With that said, the rest of the room and bathroom were cleaned well. Upon checkout, I did report the safety bar in the shower and the hair dryer were both coming out of the wall. These items, in my opinion, should have been turned in by housekeeping and repaired. The key card reader on the hallway door leading from the lobby hallway area to the room hallway didn't work so anyone could walk right through. We were originaly given a room on the second floor but was told the hotel had no elevator. I asked if there was a room available on the first floor and we were given one with no problems.
On a positive note, the entire staff was very friendly and helpful. The lobby area, hallways etc were very clean and in great order. The breakfast was one of the better I've had. Both mornings we ate at the hotel there were fresh biscuts, gravy, eggs and sausage. They also had the standard fare of waffles, cereal etc.
This could be a very nice hotel with a little more work. Given the cost and my experience this time, I would stay here again when in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Great location...great service...great staff...great rates...and all of this under one roof! The staff at the BEST WESTERN Regency Inn invites you to your home away from home.Our great location with easy on/off access to the freeway is only the beginning. While that certainly is a wonderful feature, you'll also enjoy the outstanding service and upgraded amenities.Our restaurant is one of the finest in town. All taste buds are welcome at this American style casual dining restaurant which features; steaks and chops, pastas, burgers, salads, sandwiches, a variety of popular wings, our famous Peetza Pie and a wide selection of ice cold brews!!We are proud to be the largest conference center in the area. Your conference will be personally attended to by one of our seasoned professionals who will make sure all of your needs are met. Our conference facilities are set to handle any meeting and any size.We're looking forward to servicing your needs!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Best Western, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Regency Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Marshalltown
- Marshalltown Best Western
- Best Western Regency Inn Marshalltown, Iowa