“Great ownership”

Tremont Inn On Main
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Marshalltown
Reviewed June 12, 2013

The hosts really do a great job in making sure their customer needs are met.
It's nice to have a reasonably priced, comfortable accommodation and really feel like you're actually getting more than you are paying for.
Definitely will stay here next time and would certainly recommend to anyone.
There are also a few restaurants right across the street, so if for some reason you tire of the Tremont restaurant, you have options.

• Stayed: June 2013
kakac, Owner at Tremont Inn On Main, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thank you for noticing our team work and value. Since we live in the building and strive to connect with every client and their needs, it is appreciated that you took the time to share your experience with the Tremont and it's staff. Thank you and please visit again soon. JP&Jennifer.

There are newer reviews for Tremont Inn On Main

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Time has passed and I still think about the hospitality we received at the Tremont. We had a strange end of our vacation and I never wrote about how wonderful it was. First, we had a very trying flight, layover, lost luggage, trip to Marshalltown and we did not get to the hotel to late at night where we were greeted and fed sandwiches when they heard of our ordeal. We visited until I finally had to ask to pay as though it was an afterthought. I felt so comfortable. They even parked our car out back since it was so late!

Our luggage showed up from the airlines two days later while we were away and they had them lugged up to the room and place carefully for us when we returned. These owners know world class customer service! They even shipped my mom's phone charger when we realized it didn't make it home.

The room was fabulous with lots of little touches, just like a guest room in someone's home. The snack kitchen was also very convenient and safe to run down the hall in your slippers as it is a locked establishment. The only thing we weren't prepared for was the tall stairwell that my mother had difficulty getting up to our room, but don't let that stop you, as it is a minor issue that most can overlook.

If I make it back to Iowa, this is a must stay. I highly recommend this home, hospitable, and historical hotel.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
kakac, Owner at Tremont Inn On Main, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

As onsite owners, we get the opportunity to personally extend our hospitality. As travel goes, it starts at your home and ends and begins again at ours. Sometimes we get to make things better and in your case, it was our pleasure to get your trip on smooth waters again. Thank you for the feedback and for the business. It is our pleasure. Signed, JP&Jennifer

Reviewed September 24, 2012

The Tremont Inn On Main -- what a wonderful surprise! We stayed there at the end of a long stretch of touring and hotel stays in different areas around the USA. We felt so pampered during our stay in Marshalltown. JP and Jennifer, the hotel owners, were gracious hosts. The rooms, halls, and common areas are impeccable and stunning, with all modern conveniences and updates. The bed in my room was extremely comfortable, and I slept very soundly every night. The restaurants below the hotel had very friendly staff and delicious food. If I ever find myself heading anywhere near Marshalltown IA again, I will know exactly where I will book my reservation. I highly recommend this place, this beautiful boutique hotel outshines any chain.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Korine F
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I grew up in Marshalltown, and for a recent trip back I was afraid I would have to stay in a chain motel by the highway. When I heard about Tremont Inn on Main, I was thrilled to give it a try. I could not have been more pleased! Who knew something this delightfully cosmopolitan could be found in my hometown. Everything about my stay was of the highest quality. The rooms are spacious and spotlessly clean. It is quiet! There is a touch of Europe about the place, including the well-stocked breakfast room. There is a lovely, high quality dining room and bar for dinner and a homey coffee shop/diner for breakfast and lunch. Thank you, Jennifer and J.P. for what you have created and your gracious hospitality!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Kate S
Reviewed June 23, 2012

A family member had recommended this hotel, but I wasn't sure what to expect. It's above some restuarants, so I envisioned going to bed with the smell of garlic in the air. Not so! Instead, we found a beautifully renovated room with comfortable chairs, a small table and pair of chairs, and a king-sized bed with high-quality bedding. The bathroom was spotless and up-to-date. JP and Jennifer were very gracious hosts, and we enjoyed passing by the work of local artists on the way to our lovely room. I was sorry that we had planned so many activities with family because our room would have been a cozy retreat in which to curl up with a cup of coffee (from the coffee bar downstairs) and a good book.

We enjoyed tasty meals at both the grille and the fine dining restaurant. Shelly and other servers offered exceptionally friendly service, and the food was considerably better than that at other places in the area. If you're in the Marshalltown area and don't mind climbing some steps (no elevator), this is the place to stay!

Room Tip: The rooms are on the second floor of an older building, and there is no elevator. You will be able t...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TravelinMs
Reviewed January 19, 2011

We flew in late and J.P met us without issue and showed us around and gave us our rooms. The place is IMMACULATE and remodeled/updated/furnished awesomely. The internet works flawlessly and is FAST. The ceilings in the place were so tall, the rooms were a great size too. If you're going into town it's a totally awesome place.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
TremontInn, Owner at Tremont Inn On Main, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2011

We so appreciate your patronage and our thanks for the sweet review. Please give us a call when you return. We'll have your room ready and waiting.

JP and Jennifer

Reviewed July 10, 2010

What a pleasure it was for us to stay at the Tremont Inn earlier this week. The building has been beautifully remodeled, with wide corridors decorated with art work by local artists. The pantry with complimentary coffee and reasonably priced sodas, juices and beer is a very nice touch. Our room was delightful, large, nicely decorated and furnished. The owners' hospitality was great. It was indeed a most pleasant surprise to find such a wonderful place, especially in a small town. We would highly recommend the Tremont to anyone going to the Marshalltown area. It is worth going out of one's way to experience the Tremont Inn.

Janice and Arnie Weisler
Chicago, Illinois

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank arniew1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marshalltown
Hampton Inn & Suites Marshalltown
Motel 6 Marshalltown
Motel 6 Marshalltown
#8 of 11 in Marshalltown
Designer Inn and Suites

Been to Tremont Inn On Main? Share your experiences!