We just spent one night at this hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful during the check in. After a few minutes of entering our room we found used towels in the bathroom. Also, a dog was barking consistently in the room next door (even though someone was in the room with the dog). We called the front desk and they moved us into a different room. After checking into the second room, housekeeping stopped by and told us they needed to change the sheets, since someone who stayed here last night left early. I think housekeeping and the front desk need better communication to eliminate these problems. We knew several people that also stayed at the hotel that weekend and were not aware of any other problems like this.
It was a standard motel. We had a two double bed room. The mattress was very hard. The breakfast did not have a huge selection of food, but was ample. Some extras included a waffle maker and several different flavors of coffee. The hotel also had an indoor pool, but we did not use it.
During checkout, we noticed the hotel added a charge $1.50 charge to our room for a safe. I was really surprised that this was not included in the room rate. The clerk indicated it was in the fine print on the hotel agreement, but the charge could be removed. I've stayed at a different hotel in Marshalltown that added this same charge. In my opinion, this a deceiving way to get a few extra dollars for each room. Watch your hotel bills in Marshalltown.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you are in Iowa for a business trip or to enjoy the local attractions, the Baymont Inn and Suites Marshalltown is the perfect location for your next visit to the area. Located just ten minutes from the Meskwaki Casino and only three miles from the Iowa Veterans Home, our hotel provides a number of services and amenities to guarantee a convenient and relaxing stay. Wake up to a free continental breakfast along with a complimentary copy of USA Today. Take some time to relax in our heated indoor pool and spa. If you are in the area for business and need to stay connected, free Wi-Fi in all rooms and public areas makes that easy. Additionally, our hotel features a business center and meeting space for up to 30 people, ensuring a productive trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Baymont Inn & Suites Marshalltown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americinn Hotel Marshalltown
- Baymont Inn & Suites Marshalltown Iowa