“nice hotel great service at the desk”

Baymont Inn & Suites Marshalltown
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Marshalltown
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Nice hotel. Only thing is the beds where hard. Staff was great. Pool is open until midnight which was great. Got to relax in the hot tub for a little while.

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
Ryan R, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Marshalltown, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Baymont of Marshallton during your visit to our great little community. We are currently doing some remodeling and updating to the hotel, and beds are one of the items we are replacing in the rooms. So thank you again for staying with us during these exciting times and I would love to invite you back and see some of the progress being made.

There are newer reviews for Baymont Inn & Suites Marshalltown

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Staff is friendly and courteous. However, be careful with prepaid reservations. I went thru AARP who require prepaid reservations. I had to cut my three day stay to two days. AARP agreed to refund the third day if the hotel agreed. The manager was at the bank when I checked out. So, I could not discuss it with him directly. The next day AARP informed me that the manger disagreed. That put the $63.99 days charge in their pocket without any expense.

They also need to retire the 10 year old PC in the “business center”. It can’t work with any current Office programs.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us here at Baymont. I am very sorry to hear about the issue with your online booking and would like to discuss the problem you had and take care of the situation right away. It is our intention too never charge a guest for an extra night they didn't stay. Again Thank you

Reviewed November 6, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at the Baymont this past weekend and were very pleased with the place. The breakfast was good and had a variety of items too eat, the rooms were clean and comfortable and they had a very nice pool area. The staff were very friendly and Manager was a nice gentleman. We will be staying at the Baymont on our next trip through Marshalltown.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Convenient location, with a few nice choices of restaurants within walking distance. The hotel was clean and the folks running the front desk were very friendly and accommodating. I’ll definitely choose this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I pretty much agree with the other reviews listed. We stayed for three days and two nights. The hotel was clean but dated. Friendly staff and manager. We couldn't find any hotels in the Ames area so had to go about 40 miles out of our way to Marshalltown. My major complaint was that the beds were ULTRA FIRM almost like sleeping on plywood. I never expect a hotel bed to be like my bed at home but these were just awful. We had two queen beds in our room. Both bad. And over breakfast in the morning in the lobby others were saying how hard their beds were too. Speaking of breakfast it was ok at best. Nothing to write home about. At least they had a pool at hot tub. I needed a good soak after sleeping on those bricks. Two stars given for friendly service. Next time, I'm booking way in advance at the Garden Hilton in Ames. Much better hotel for a couple extra bucks.

Room Tip: Be ready to sleep on plywood. Guess that will get you up early.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Philster2013
Reviewed October 3, 2013

All was great except my bed had a busted spring and the bed was changed out the next day. Food was fine, pool and spa were great so everything else was fine!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marshalltown
Hampton Inn & Suites Marshalltown
Motel 6 Marshalltown
Motel 6 Marshalltown
#8 of 11 in Marshalltown
Designer Inn and Suites

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Marshalltown? Share your experiences!