Hampton Inn & Suites Marshalltown
$91
$64
$51
$45
Tremont Inn On Main(Marshalltown)
$134
Hotels.com
$66
$59
Economy Inn Motel(Marshalltown)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsentrance roadin townculver's restaurantcomplimentary breakfasta hilton honors membervery nice hotelmini fridgebreakfast areavisit familywould recommend this hotel to anyonea great place to staybusiness tripquiet roomstayed nightsclean roomsfresh fruitfitness center
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We needed a venue for our grandson's high school graduation and we were scrambling to find an available location. I have stayed at this Hampton 3 other times when visiting my daughter and her family so I called them. Their conference room was available for the open house and I booked it with Ashley. She was extremely helpful that day. I was stressed to the max. I would be bringing all our food, the cakes, punch, party decorations, everything for an open house. She reassured me that they would do everything they could to make our party a success. I am sure she was busy that day, but was very patient answering all the questions I had. She was a sweetheart. Our main concern was a place for our cold food and punch. They made their breakfast room refrigerators available to us. Of course there was a charge for the space, but it was nice to have ice, water and coffee for our guests and it was so nice to have tables set up with the their tablecloths which saved us work and time. I arrived on Sat. with everything in tow. The desk clerk Jerri was so helpful and friendly when we arrived and again on Sunday when she worked. We were allowed to start decorating Sat. night. On Sun. morning our balloons had deflated as we had to keep the room pretty cold for my cakes. Jerri even offered to have someone make a run and get us more balloons if we wanted. She was so sweet and reassuring that everything would be ok as I was still worrying about everything. Tenisha helped us set up more tables and hauled gallons of lemonade to the kitchen. We had to leave for the actual graduation ceremony and I was worried about our meat in the roasters. Tenisha made sure that she and the rest of the staff would help check on it until my niece arrived. Liz, Matthew and Alisa answered multiple questions from my daughter and myself the days leading up to the event. Everyone, including members of the housekeeping staff were asking if everything was going ok and if we needed anything. My husband and I stay at Hampton Inns whenever we can and I must say this bunch are awesome! During the clean up I wanted to run the vacuum over the worst areas and Ashley wouldn't let me, I think something about company policy but she also told my daughter that I worked so hard and I needed to rest. How kind of her to say that. While at a dance production for my granddaughter on Sat. night I became ill and an ambulance was called for me. I was much better by the time the paramedics arrived so i didn't go to the hospital. Jerri and Ashley asked me several times if I was feeling ok. We even had a tornado warning Sun. while cleaning up. Chantel was on duty and tried to make sure everyone would be safe and later after my family left took the time to just chat with me which was relaxing after the stressful day. The stress ended on Monday morning when Ashley was leaving work and she and I saw an animal walking on a entrance ramp to the highway. How exciting that we were able to see a mountain lion. We couldn't believe it! Then before we parted ways she told me she hoped I felt better and hugged me telling me she loved her job because she got to meet such nice people like me. And I told her that she and the rest of the staff made staying away from home much nicer. The general manager Liz has to know that she has a great staff and that this review will reinforce that they are pretty special. If I have messed up on the spelling of anyone of the staff's name, I am really sorry. The only negative remark that I would have to say about this hotel is that it needs to have a larger sign marking the entrance to their drive. It is easy to miss. Several of our guests commented on that fact. Thank you all for making my Grandson's graduation party a great success!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Liz W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Marshalltown, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

It was an honor to assit you with your grandson's graduation. I truly appreciate all the kind words you have said about the staff. I am very proud of them and the great customer service they deliver everyday. Our goal is to receive reviews like yours. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

my experience would have been different if I could have had a mini fridge to place items that needed refrigeration and not have to exit the room for my meals and drinks when in the room working and relaxing. the experience was that of camping and needing to go looking for food when hungry instead of being able to stock the room for the 4 days that I was there.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for completing a review regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize that the room you stayed in was not equipped with a refrigerator. I do hope that you will visit us again in the near future. When making your reservation, please request a suite. Our property does offer 21 suites that have a refrigerator as well as a microwave in the room. Thank you again. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Was put in a smokiong room hotel said this happens all the time when you book online. They were sold out. I think this is just a ploy so they can book all rooms. I will not stay here again. The maintenance person provided the best customer services and did try to make it a good experience.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Liz W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Marshalltown, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites of Marshalltown and for taking the time to fill out the review. I apologize that you were forced to sleep in a smoking room during your visit because of our sold out status. If we could have moved you to a different room, we would have. After reviewing your reservation, I noticed that your Hilton Honors preference that you selected stated "smoking room if available" I would urge you to go on line and change your preference as listed on your account to avoid this situation in the future. If you need assistance with this, I would be happy to help. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We are currently professionaly converting some of our smoking rooms to better serve the needs for our guests. I do hope you will allow us the opportunity of assisting you with your lodging needs in the future.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

This is my second visit to the Hampton in Marshalltown and we stayed 4 nights this trip. As always, the decor is modern and easy on the eye...done in mostly earth tones which, at least for me, has a relaxing effect. I especially like the lounge space where the free breakfast buffet is served. It has a variety of comfortable seating options, including a lot of upholstered couches and chairs.

The rooms, like the rest of the building, are virtually spotless. I couldn't find a speck of dust or dirt of any kind even in the back corners and smallest nooks and crannies. Incredible. We saw a cleaning crew in another room and noticed the detail with which they do their work. They pulled ALL of the linens off of the bed and sprayed the entire surface of it. Their bed linens are laundered fresh every time and all of this attention to cleanliness shows. If you are a person who worries about these things and about the potential hazards of staying in a hotel, this is your place!

Then there are the rooms in general. I happen to love the decor, again because it's modern and done in relaxing colors. The beds are out of this world! So dreamy, so comfortable. There are several pillows on each bed of various densities, so you'll be sure to find what you like. The wall unit that controls the climate in the room works so well that it takes only minutes to get to the temperature you desire. There is a nice, big closet with a full length mirror, iron & ironing board, a coffee maker, a charging station on the table, a desk with a comfy office chair. It's just a nice room. If I had any criticisms, it would be that the flood light from the front of the building was shining up toward my window and the curtains don't overlap each other, so there was always a gap that let in a bright sliver of light into the room. I also found the toilet to be awfully low to the floor for someone who is as tall as I am (5'10").

Breakfast is pretty typical fare and done pretty well. They have cereal, fresh fruit, pastries, yogurt, bread and toaster, waffle maker, hard boiled eggs, some variety of hot eggs and meat, milk and juices. Coffee is available around the clock.

The staff is extremely helpful and polite, although I wouldn't depend on them to help you if you have trouble getting onto their wifi network. No one I called had a clue what to advise me, the couple of times I had a problem. This is something they should work on, because it's very frustrating for the guest. I hit the "internet support" button on the phone and it was the front desk again....the same person who had no idea what to do.

But these are ultimately minor issues. This Hampton is nice, extremely clean, and worth it for a comfortable, relaxing stay.

Room Tip: I would say that the rooms facing the front of the building have a lot of lights that illuminate it, so bring something that will secure the closure of the curtains or ask for a room facing the east.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Liz W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Marshalltown, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Thank you for the detailed reveiw. We take a lot of pride in the cleanliness of our property and we appreciate you taking the time to express your thoughts. We look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to Marshalltown.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Another perfect stay at the Hampton in Marshalltown. We visit family in Marshalltown at least once a year and have stayed at many hotels in town. The Hampton Inn is by far the best place to stay in our opinion. Rooms/bathrooms are squeaky clean. Beds are comfortable. Wifi connection is great. Staff is helpful and friendly. Price is great considering what you get. Who could ask for more? Will always return to this property.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Liz W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Marshalltown, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Thank you for submitting a review on our behalf. It is our goal to receive feedback like yours. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to accomodating you on your return to Marshalltown.