“Left a 8 plus month pregnant lady without a room due to overbooking”

Hampton Inn & Suites Marshalltown
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Marshalltown
“Left a 8 plus month pregnant lady without a room due to overbooking”
Reviewed March 3, 2012

Misunderstandings happen I get that but this b level hotel overbooked a busy weekend and then in a desperate attempt to make up rushed and accidentally cancelled a room. Pregnant lady and three kids that drove five hours for a state swim meet left in lobby to rot even though the people they gave her room to had not showed up yet. Probably the worst show of. Customer service I had ever witnessed. We gave up our room and drove back home three hours and missed day two of the meet for this young family please don't ever give this place ur business. If u have questions regarding the event email me but don't let them spin it. They screwed everybody but them claylincoln@hotmail.com

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Hamptonhosedme
goodhsi_admin1, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Marshalltown, responded to this review, March 13, 2012
Dear guest,

I’m Liz, General Manager at the hotel. My apologies for the inconvenience and misunderstanding. I deeply regret that you had a poor experience and that our offer to assist you was not to your satisfaction. It was never our intention to upset any part of your travels nor is this a norm for the hotel and staff. Thank you for the feedback in order to allow us to improve.

Liz Wilke

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Nice clean and simple hotel. Nothing to special. Good options for breakfast. Good working condition fitness room, clean pool and hot tub. It was fairly new when I stayed there so it's kind of to be expected that everything was clean and in working order. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
goodhsi_admin1, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Marshalltown, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
Dear smokenqueal,

I’m Liz Wilke, GM at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Marshalltown. Thank you for taking the time to leave positive feedback! We are very proud of this 2 year old property and are always trying to expand on what our guests might enjoy We appreciate you considering us for your business travel and we look forward to having you stay again when you find yourself in the area.

Liz Wilke
Moorhead, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed January 3, 2012

I will for sure be back here again!! Awesome food, rooms, pool, staff and motel! We stayed in a double queen suite and it rocked! We were very happy with it! My 6 year old got the flu and threw up on the floor, the staff at night came up and helped us clean up and got us new stuff! They were great! The pool stays open from 6am till midnight........where else can you find that! Pool was an ok size too.

Room Tip: choose the double queen suite, awesome!! You won't be disappointed!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Liz W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Marshalltown, responded to this review, January 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us. We really appreciate any and all feedback. We enjoyed having your family there and look forward to the next time you are able to visit us.
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed November 19, 2011

Had some business in Marshalltown. Was grateful that there is now a Hampton Inn in the town. It is new with clean rooms, nice decor and good Hampton breakfast.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Liz W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Marshalltown, responded to this review, November 21, 2011
Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate any and all feedback and it's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to accomodating you again in the future.
Ames, Iowa
Reviewed November 18, 2011

I chose this hotel based on the positive ranking and reviews I read on this site. It lived up to the reviews for sure. The whole place was clean, attractive, and comfortable. The staff was very nice. My room was amazing...modern, neat, huge bathroom, comfy bed, quiet. I didn't use or see the pool/business area/workout room as I got in late and left early. My only complaint is that in the AM when people were leaving their rooms many of them let their doors slam...waking me up. Not a reflection on the hotel, just inconsiderate guests. Breakfast offered waffles, oatmeal, yogurt, cereal, pastries, juice, milk, and coffee. Will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for your recent stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites of Marshalltown and for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us. I am very pleased that you were happy with your stay. It is our goal to receive reviews like yours. We look forward to the opportunity of accommodating you during your next visit to Marshalltown. If you ever have any questions, comments or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me. Have a great day!
Marshalltown, Iowa
Reviewed November 5, 2011

For even a small town, this was a nice hotel. The first thing I noticed is how friendly everyone is here. The staff knew i was coming in days after my traveling companion and made sure my room was right next to theirs, which was a nice touch.

The rooms are clean and spacious. The bed was nice and the shower was clean and warm. The free breakfast was decent. Not everything was good but there's enough options for anyone to find something, as I did. And the coffee was good.

My only complaint/word of warning is the entrance road. It's not the most obvious as the hotel is off the main road a bit. But just turn in just to the west of Culver's. It would help to have a sign there.

Oh and the free wifi is kinda slow, so don't expect too much there.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Liz W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Marshalltown, responded to this review, November 7, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your stay with us. We value the opinions of your guests and appreciate any comments they may give us that may show us areas where improvements are needed. I apologize about the entrance from the Iowa Ave. We have tried several times to have an electrical sign installed however, we don't own the property where the sign should be placed and we are unable to put a sign there. We recently worked with the city and they have installed a street light to mark the entrance into our property from Iowa Ave. Hopefully this will be an improvement. Thank you again for your comments. If I can ever be of assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me.
Davenport, IA
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I've been staying in Marshalltown for over 20 years, since the Hampton was built this is my place to stay. Lovely new motel, great clean rooms, comfortable bed, a shower which I love and quiet. It's a bit hard to find but well worth the search.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Liz W, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Marshalltown, responded to this review, November 2, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to complete this review. We strive to give our guests the best experience possible when they visit the Hampton Inn and Suites of Marshalltown so when we receive reviews like this we truly appreciate it. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marshalltown
Baymont Inn & Suites Marshalltown
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grinnell
Motel 6 Marshalltown
Motel 6 Marshalltown
#7 of 11 in Marshalltown

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Marshalltown? Share your experiences!