“Quick lunch”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed February 4, 2013

EXCELLENT fresh food, manager often remember's your order from memory if you are a regular. Services is very quick even if there is a line is goes fast. Could use to change front window senary. Otherwise it is a local favortie.

Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Always a food-stop must when I am home. I am in love with the #25. The best sub I have ever had world wide. Wish I could get the same here in TX!! Crazy long line at noon. Ask for dog scraps if you have a pooch. They will gladly oblige if they have any meat ends available.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Have yet to find one of the 30+ sandwiches on the menu that are not worth the time to eat. THIS IS NOT SUBWAY OR ANY OTHER "SUB SHOP". This place is legit! 6" sandwiches would be 1/4 of your "half" (order they native way) sandwich here. BIG BANG FOR THE BUCK, but don't plan on paying with a piece of plastic - CASH OR CHECK ONLY PLEASE!

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Have been a customer of sub city for about 19 years and always felt that they had a superior product. The last several times I've gone in the customer service skills are lacking. I have changed my buying habits and not gone to sub city recently due to poor customer service skills. Several months ago I brought my family to sub city in the evening for a late supper. It was 20 minutes to closing. The employees had arranged the mops and brooms on top of the garbage cans as a fence between the cash register and the dining area! I did not realize what it was for when ordering. We ordered our food and waited while it was made. After we PAID AND TIPPED an employee with a wad of chewing tobacco in his mouth (in the food prep area!) said we would have to take our food to go since they closed soon. 20 minutes before close?! For months afterward my wife would mention sub city when we were eating out and I refused to go. I finally caved in since I wanted sub city again myself. I have been to sandwich shops with oil and vinegar as a condiment and some sandwich makers have squirted the liquids directly on the bread. I do not like soggy bread so I have started asking people to put the liquids over the vegetables. the sandwich prep guy at sub city responded with " so do it the way I always do? That was an unnecessary conversation". Since when is it out of line to make some requests of the person you are paying to prepare your food? Sub city employees have bad attitudes. The food is good but if you go there be prepared to have it their way. They certainly don't want your suggestions for food prep and they don't want to have to clean after they close

3  Thank Anthony S
Reviewed May 8, 2012

One of my best meals in Marshalltown. They have more sandwich meat options (some I'd never heard of before) than I've seen at any other similar shop. They slice the meat and cheese fresh for each sandwich, and the meats look like they were personally cured/prepared - not packaged bulk sandwich meats. All toppings were fresh and yummy, and their chipotle sauce was great. So many different meat/cheese combinations to choose from!
The price was the best part of all - I got a half-size #25 ("Sub City Special", or something like that), which had numerous meats and cheeses, and a drink for about $5.50. It was so much food I couldn't finish.
Don't let the exterior fool you - the place may be bare-bones in terms of decor, but its definitely worth the trip.