“A little better than Taco Bell”
Review of Carlos O'Kelly's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Carlos O'Kelly's
Ranked #40 of 56 Restaurants in Marion
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I've never understood why so many people think this place is great. I've been here a handful of times over the past 25 years (because friends want to go there) and the food is consistently average at best. I think I've figured out why so many people like it. This is where people go to get Mexican, when they really don't like REAL Mexican. You savvy? If you think catsup is spicy, this is your place . If you think Taco Bell is good but want something a little better. Come here. If you're a white boy and think the Bee-Gees were the greatest band ever, this is your place. It's like the Wonder Bread of Mexican.

Why come here when C.R/Marion has a half dozen other Mexican places that are so much better?

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Wide variety of great Mexican food and wonderful atmosphere. Their margaritas are a bit non-traditional, but very good. Also endless chips and salsa.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Always a great place to go with family or friends or just an evening out!

Reviewed December 24, 2011

interior of building needs updated and staff could be a little friendlier. Is it a pain for the bartenders to take an order to go?

Reviewed March 14, 2010

We dined at Carlos O Kelly's on 3/13/2010 at 7:00 pm. The waitress that took our order never stopped back to refill our drinks or bring more chips and salsa. We also were not given napkins or silverware. Eventually the food came and we still didn't have tableware. We asked for the manager to stop over to address our concerns. As our food cooled off eventaully the server came back with the silverware. When the bill came we asked the manager to compensate the bill. She said she'd see what she could do but then she never returned. Ten minutes later a guy named John F. came out and said he didn't think we deserved any compenstation. He went on to say that we were rude to his staff. Since when is asking for silverware rude? So I ended up paying the entire bill of $55. This is not acceptable in my opinion. I don't think this John guy should be a manager the way he treated my family. It left my family upset and ruined our night.