“Good Food”

Louie's Scoreboard Sports Bar and Grill
Ranked #14 of 54 Restaurants in Marion
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Good Food”
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

We ate at Louie's Scoreboard on a late Saturday afternoon. The waitress was very nice and attentive. We both had tap beer and the Scoreboard Burger with fries. It was cooked to perfection, very good and the fries were also very good. Can't wait to go back to try something else.

1 Thank Laurie C

Marion, Iowa
“Great Family Sports Bar & Grill”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

The upscale changes made to the interior of this building have left the ambience with a much warmer feeling.... like that comfortable chair. I immediately felt right at home when I first entered the remodeled Louie's and still feel that every time I have gone back.
I have been in Louie's several times for dinner, drinks, socializing with family and friends. There were times in the early going when the place was so jam packed that it was hard to get the amount of attention you would have liked from the wait staff. Business is still brisk, but I have had nothing but good courteous service the last few times. The staff all seem very committed to helping in any way they can.
Beverages I have ordered were typically draws and bottled beer. I have enjoyed all of the choices from their selection. Others in the group have ordered mixed drinks and wine with everyone stating that they were very good.
I have tried several of the dishes on the menu. The smoked wings are my favorite appetizer. Hard to have too many of those! The sandwiches I have tried were the: pork-T, Reuben, and Texan. All met my expectations for flavor and portions were very good. I also tried the Louie's Platter of smoked meats. I really enjoyed the brisket and other smoked meats. The sauces were good and so was the cole slaw. The last trip I tried their pizza and found that to be a very tasty treat.
We recommend trying this place out. We look forward to going again soon.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank FishermanDHA
Cedar Rapids
“OK restaurant/bar”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We have tried Louie's food twice since they opened two months ago and the bar/drinks five times. It certainly is nice to have a different place in Marion but we will not be returning unfortunately unless we have to. The sandwiches that we ordered both times have been boring. Tonight I ordered a fancy grilled cheese that my 11 year old daughter said was terrible. I ate 1/2 and took the rest home as it wasn't very good. Kids eat free night is no longer Monday so check before you go as even their facebook page still said it was Monday. Husband tried the turkey sandwich with honey mustard mayo. Again, it was OK, nothing special. My two kids ordered from the kids menu / mac and cheese was Kraft. The mini corn dogs looked good and daughter didn't complain. The first time we ate here shortly after they opened, I tried a burger that was OK. Husband had the sweet tater fries which were very good. We also ordered an appetizer tonight (cheese curds) but they were a small order for $9. Sandwiches run around $9 but I asked for a salad making my grilled cheese $10.50.

What is the most disappointing for me was the skinny margarita. The first two visits that was an awesome drink and I looked forward to returning for the marg The last three tries have been terrible. Tonight they tasted like soda water. I would personally stick to bottled drinks if we must go back. Husband had the bloody mary tonight and didn't finish it.

• Visited April 2014
Marion, Iowa
“New Place in Town!”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Only been open a little over a month. Was very crowded when we went on Friday evening about 8 p.m. It was a seat yourself night, and we just continued to walk around until we found someone leaving a booth. The atmosphere is that of a family sports bar. You could spot many families eating. There is flat screen TV's every 5 or so feet on the walls. The menu is burgers (many named after local people, like the "Mayor"), Cracker crust pizzas, BBQ with the meats being smoked on site daily. We had the Louies Platter for $16.99 which consisted of an abundance of 3 smoked meats; brisket, turkey and pulled pork. 4 half slices of bread, a small bowl of coleslaw, a few hamburger sliced style pickles and a few red onion slices. They also included 2 small bowls of sauce. One was a mustard vinegar type ( really good!!) and then a typical smoked BBQ sauce. We loved the smoked turrkey breast! It wasnt dried out and had an awesome smoked flavor! The pulled pork was very good also. The brisket had great flavor but was somewhat dried out. There was a lot of meat compared to only getting 4 half slices of bread!! They definently need to give more slices of it. The cole slaw was really good also! definently will feed 2-3 people. We took leftover meats home with us. the service was OK. They were really busy so we always take that into consideration when giving a review. We had only one drink as she never came back and asked. The drink menu has many selections! Sodas, teas and they have just about any type of beer with drafts running $5 for a large mug. Mixed drinks run $7 - $9. We will be back..... we love pizza but just were not in the mood last night for it. They have a Cracker Crust Pizza they serve and we want to try that! On Monday nights kids eat free. They also have a Bloody Mary Bar on Sundays.

• Visited March 2014