“rooms were nice and bed comfortable but the room had a odor...”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Marion/Cedar Rapids
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Marion

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Las Vegas
Reviewed September 6, 2013

When I called this hotel I was quoted $117 and change for the room. I asked if that was after tax and was told yes I also asked if there was a fee for my pets as I have two small dogs and was told no, they're pet friendly and there was no fee. I asked the same things when I checked in and was given the same answers. However, a few days later I check my bank and find I was charged $132.55. When I called to ask why I was told "well, there's always a pet fee." I explained to her this is not what I was told basically "oh, well" (my interpretation). The stay was ok. The alleged jacuzzi was more of a bathtub with two jets, the nice looking flat screen couldnt be turned up enough to hear it with the ac running and the lights are very dim in the room. The internet is very slow andblocks all but the very basics of use. I had to use my jetpack just to get my email. The staff was friendly and polite, but not in the least interested in any sort of resolution. Basically got told so sorry, cant help you have a nice day. Its not aplace I'm going to recommend nor stay at again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Casey B, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Marion/Cedar Rapids, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

I apologize for the misunderstanding. We have a sign posted at the desk about the pet policy, as well as online when reserving a room. The $15 fee is a mandatory cleaning fee and is only charged once for your entire stay. Many other hotels charge up to $50 per day. While I understand that you were misinformed, I do think the price is fair. We chose to keep allowing animals after the renovation to better accommodate our guests.
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 1, 2013

First off, let me state that this doesn't appear to be a bad area of town, and in fact looks like a really nice slice of small-town America. Our room appeared clean, but found the previous occupant's room key on the dresser and housekeeping had forgotten to leave any soaps or shampoo in the bathroom. In the evening, we made use of the guest laundry, which is a nice option. While I was in the lobby waiting for my wash, I noticed a steady stream of younger people coming into the hotel with cases of beer and going to the elevator. Now this morning, when I woke up, there was a woman being loaded into an ambulance, and police cars, officers all over the hotel. Even a van marked Crime Scene Investigation with an officer taking photos all over the property! Alarmed because in my opinion the hotel management should monitor who is coming into the property a little more closely. A man in the lobby this morning said the woman that had been taken by ambulance from the hotel had been here all week and every day had been "tanked by noon." Really? This kind of shenanigans is going on and there's no controls in place for keeping out riff-raff? My advice: go somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank grandma_tot
Casey B, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Marion/Cedar Rapids, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

You are correct that we are in a very safe neighborhood & town. However, what you are suggesting is a form of discrimination and is not legal. Our property can not tell someone they cannot stay because of age, nor can we tell a person they are not allowed to bring alcoholic beverages to their room. I apologize if you did not enjoy your stay. I can also assure you that what you seen is not what it appeared to be. At no point was anyone's safety in jeopardy. We can only hope that with this information you will no longer hold us responsible for what you saw and are assuming. We really are a great property. We consistently do everything we can to ensure our guests have a great stay with us. I invite you to stay with us in the future so that we can prove to you that our guest satisfaction is our number 1 priority!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marion
Quality Inn
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cedar Rapids North
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#20 of 36 in Cedar Rapids

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Marion/Cedar Rapids? Share your experiences!