“Just ok”

Cuisines: American
Description: phone: 319-373-0414huntingtonsrest@aol.com
Description: phone: 319-373-0414huntingtonsrest@aol.com
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I ate here because they have a gluten free menu (kudos for that!). The food was ok, the service was ok, the atmosphere is ok..... nothing there that made me want to go back.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Go anywhere else...

We were new in town and looking for a breakfast diner...thought we had found it based on their website, but all of us we were deceived.

The food was not seasoned - the hashbrowns were bland.

The service was miserable - we were treated as an inconvenience rather than an opportunity. The table we were seated as was still dirty, as was the floor.

Our waitress seemed to be too busy doing (I am not sure what) rather than checking on us. Maybe I have been watching too many episodes of "Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives", but I expect good food, reasonable prices, and great service from local diners.

Huntington's failed on all three counts: bland food, too expensive for the value, and lousy service. You would be much better off shopping at the local Hy-Vee and cooking your own breakfast.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I would tell you to go somewhere else. We don't are for Huntington's. It is old, smelly, and rundown. The food is not great either.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

My husband and I both were at the end of long, hard days. We just wanted to eat. We're new in town and Huntington's was still open at 7:30 p.m. So glad we stopped in. Place is great! Clean, clean, clean. The staff could not have been nicer and more helpful explaining the menu. It's just good ole comfort food. We both had the breaded tenderloin and mashed potatoes and gravy. Delicious iced tea. The entire bill was less that $25. We'll be back. This is just a nice place to eat a good hearty meal. And even nicer...we inadvertently stayed a few minutes past the closing hour...no one said a word. The staff still tended to us (refilling iced tea glasses, suggesting dessert, etc.) Quite the nice surprise in Marion, IA

Reviewed May 31, 2012

It's hard to do breakfast wrong, but they can manage that here. Hashbrowns were small portion compared to what my husband was served and other tables around us. Service was par. Food was not very warm, border-line cold. I'd go elsewhere, unless you really don't have another option.