“Wanted to like it but didn't”

Cibo Fusion Restaurant and Lounge
Ranked #4 of 56 Restaurants in Marion
Cuisines: Fusion
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 10, 2017

We so wanted to like this restaurant, but were left feeling like the food was just average. We did like the decor. Don't plan to return.

Reviewed June 6, 2017

Food was all great! Bacon, sausages, chicken and pasta dishes. Two egg dishes were amazing! Fruits, vanilla french toast, and desset bar were all excellent. The salt water acquarium had lots of colorful fish that were so colorful they look fluorscent. The waterwall was also sophisticated as we have seen these in Chicago or other high-end restaurants in the US. This is our TOP List of three "Happy Places" to eat at in CR/Marion area as makes us feel we are somewhere else, food is excellent to great and servers are very-caring. Their filets are the best in the CR area also when we eat there other times and appetizers are exciting and gourmet. We have taken our grandson here and he is so in awe of the beautiful salt water fish.

Reviewed April 26, 2017

We were trying to decide on a place to take friends from out of town and finally decided on Cibo Fusion as it would provide a lot of variety. I had been there before and loved a steak sandwich they used to have on the menu, but had not gone recently.

Our experience was pretty good. I enjoyed my veggie pizza. The crust was thin and had a light buttery taste. The veggies were a little too roasted but overall were good. I would get it again.

Half our group got a burger. I tried part of my wife's BBQ Memphis burger and it was quite good. One person ordered his burger medium rare, but it came out almost raw. We encouraged him to tell our server. He finally did. I was impressed. Shed didn't argue or defend it. She simply took it back. A short time later she brought him a burger that was a little more done than medium rare but not yet medium. It appeared to be a whole new burger patty. Very professional in how it was handled.

The server did a good job of keeping our drinks filled and handling our order. Overall it was a good experience. If they started serving the steak sandwich again, I would be more likely to come back as there is no other item I am in love with, but it is solid food.

Reviewed April 24, 2017

I ate here for dinner with some friends and we shared the bbq chicken pizza. I highly recommend! Will definitely be back to try other things on their menu!

Reviewed April 16, 2017

went for easter brunch. It was excellent service with good food. We liked the chicken Florentine the best today but there many things that were great.