“DELICIOUS!!!”

Cuisines: Pizza
Elkhorn, Wisconsin
“DELICIOUS!!!”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Where to even begin...I ordered a medium Chicago Zoey and was impressed with the fresh ingredients and great texture. When I placed my order I was asked when I wanted it for, which was a great touch. Normally pizza joints just tell you "about 45 mins"...not here. When I went to pick it up that was a bit tricky...the location is small and they have some tables near the door which makes maneuvering to the back difficult. I was a bit surprised at the price, but it was well worth the $25 paid. I had a bit of a drive back to my hotel, but when I got there the pizza was still hot and I found that the pizza wasn't cut. I don't think that was a bad thing considering the pizza would have lost some of it's toppings. Each bite was packed full of flavor and left me wanting more. I wish I would have found this place on previous trips, as it would have been a weekly destination. The crust is fresh and delicious, the toppings fresh and high quality. The sauce was perfect. Hands down the best pizza I have ever had!!! I'm sad that I won't be back to the area to enjoy it any time soon. I hope for the surrounding area that they add another location, or find a bigger location.

• Visited October 2012

Marion, Iowa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Zoey's Taco Pizza is Crazy Good!”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

You must be prepared to wait to get into Zoey's most days, but many people do it with smiles on their faces! Many people do carry out, but half the fun is eating in. We order the Taco pizza every time and it never disappoints. It is literally a mountain of goodness...and taco meat and cheese and sour cream and chips! Be patient and you will never leave disappointed.

Visited September 2012
Marion, Iowa
“Attempt #7 - Zoey's Pizzeria”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

The Venue
690 10th St
Marion, IA 52302-3433
(319) 377-2840

Zoey's is famous in the Eastern Iowa Corridor, because it only has one location, in Marion, Iowa with ridiculously good pizza! They almost always have a wait, so it's best to order carry out. The Pizzas take about 40 minutes to cook, so be prepared for a wait if you do decide to dine in.

The Pizza

We ordered 1 large pepperoni pizza, and 1 zoey pizza (pizza with everything on it).
Some of the comments that we made by our group were: oily crust, kind of tasteless, delicious cheese and toppings, and sauce with “chunks ‘O’ tomato” in it.

The Verdict

Personally, I loved it; however, our overall views were mixed. It was Chicago Style, with a nice hearty, thick crust. Although I do recall it being a bit oily this attempt, I’m convinced it had something to do with the topping combinations, as previous pizzas were not as oily. Also, this pizza isn’t cheap by any means, you’ll be paying around $26-28 for a large zoey pizza.

Here are our ratings...1 = worst and 10 = best.
Overall = 8.5
Cheese = 10
Toppings = 9
Sauce = 8
Crust = 4

• Visited October 2011
Cornfield, IA
“Hands down the BEST Chicago deep dish pizza outside of Chicago!”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

What an unexpected Gem to find in Marion, IA. If you are a fan of Lou Malnatti's, The Original Gino's East, Giordanno's.....you get the picture - Zoey's takes a back seat to NONE. When I get their Chicago deep dish I never feel as though I am missing a thing. It is perfect. The thin crust on the otherhand - not to my liking but others adore it. It is crisp, not yeasty - an oddity I have found in many pizza joints here in the Mid-West. I wish he would serve up true NY style thin, yeasty, chewy pizza pie's.....he has the equipment.....on the other hand - I would have to buy larger jeans. Get there as soon as they open - lines often extend outside and the wait can be gruelling. It takes 1/2 hour to bake a deep dish even with stone ovens - then add on the eat time. If you arrive and the place has just filled up expect to wait an hour. I must say, in this instance the pizza is well worth the wait. There is simply nothing as good as Zoey's. Zoeys also serves up fantastic Calzones, enormous deep dish hot chocolate chip vanilla ice cream sundae's large enough to share with up to 4 people....unless I am in the mix. Zoey's also has the best assortment of soft drinks, beers, wines - all on tap or in the cooler - even Yohoo if that tickles your fancy. I cannot recommend Zoey's enough.

Visited June 2012
2 Thank Stripes J
Davenport, Iowa
“Zoey's pizza is good for the soul.”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I will always return here for the best New York crust pizza around. Love it.

Visited April 2012